Author Topic: Sailing Techniques recommended by Swallow Boat Owners  (Read 8412 times)

Peter Cockerton

Numerous snippets of very useful information are scattered within the forum under general and technical information folders. I for one being not one of the more experienced skippers in our group have found these to be most useful. Could we consider creating a similar library for these snippets so they can found more easily within our association forum and perhaps benefit more members. As an example i was having problems using the tiller tamer with regard to boat trim when moving forward to work on the mast, the very quick posting by Claus was to raise the centreboard partially before moving forward, this resolved my problem. Dozens of other sailing tips are buried in our forum some general dinghy tips others specific or perhaps related only to Swallow Boat models.

If Jonathon could make this happen entries and ongoing updates could be managed by the forum members along the lines he has suggested for the Waterside Accommodation Library.

I would very much like to see the existing snippets held within the form duplicated in this specific library with the author credit maintained.

Thoughts please

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard