Swallow Yachts Forum > Home Builders' Area

Trouper 12

(1/2) > >>

psn:
Hello,

I own a gunter rigged Trouper 12 purchased early this year in a semi finished state. Is there any one else with this set up who could provide photos of the the Gaff Jaws and general rigging arrangements for a Trouper 12? Thanks Pete

Jonathan Stuart:
Pete - Just wanted to apologise for the delay in approving your post (this needed approval because it is your first post). The didn't receive the usual email when a post is awaiting approval and I haven't been on the forum much recently so didn't see that approval was required.

Michael Rogers:
Hello Pete

Welcome, and good to have another Trouper sailor on board.

I'm afraid I can't help in that (as you may have gathered from the Forum) my Trouper is not gunter rigged. However, have you tried contacting Matt Newland? The contacting bit is the tricky part, but you'll find him very helpful once you track him down. There are files and things you can download, with he'll be able to point you to the right ones.

Hope it goes well, and happy sailing later.

Michael         (Trouper 12 'Cavatina')

Kerrybobs:
I'm surprised that you didn't just happen to mention the Junk rig as an alternative?
cheers
Mark

Michael Rogers:
Hi Mark

I decided (more or less) that I had done enough JR proselytising (I suspect some may feel more than enough), and that I need to put my sailing where my mouth has been. So bring on some sailing weather! Besides, I imagine Pete is too busy finishing his new boat to be lured off piste by something unusual. Get back to us, Pete, if/when you discover that the performance of your new rig isn't exactly sparkling - or when you find that it is and you would like to tell us about it. Either way, enjoy it. I think the Trouper is a smashing little boat, and among other things would make a fine one-man cruising dinghy. My cockpit tent days are probably over, but I'd like DCA types to take notice. Once I've got some more experience of Cavatina, and some decent action pics, I might write her up for the (excellent) DCA journal.

I've mixed my metaphors, haven't I? Apologies.

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version