Swallow Yachts Forum > Sailing and Events

Events - READ THIS FIRST

<< < (5/5)

EDWIN DAVIES:
I see the Drascombe forum now has a "Rally risk assessments" posting for members only. Have we any dual members to check out? Might be interesting/informative.

EDWIN DAVIES:
very sad news on the Drascombe forum.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2725080/Pensioner-66-missing-capsized-yacht-drowned-coast-Ireland-massive-air-sea-search.html

Graham W:

--- Quote from: EDWIN DAVIES on 04 Aug 2014, 09:38 ---I see the Drascombe forum now has a "Rally risk assessments" posting for members only. Have we any dual members to check out? Might be interesting/informative.

--- End quote ---

I found this on a non-members page http://www.drascombe-association.org.uk/rally/rally-guidelines.pdf  It discusses risk on page 5 and includes a risk assessment form in Appendix IV.

EDWIN DAVIES:
Thanks Graham.

Nick Orchard:
As organisers of the forthcoming Summer Cruise from Torquay in August we are required by Torbay Harbour to provide them with a number of documents, including a risk assessment. Having reviewed a number of sources for examples, including the RYA, the Health & Safety Executive, and the Drascombe Association website as quoted above, we have produced the attached event risk assessment. As you will see it is fairly comprehensive, but I'm sure that there are things that we haven't thought of. In order to make it truly representative of the views of the SYA members we would be very happy to receive comments and suggestions for improvement. It could then become a standard form for future events, perhaps with a review for each event just to see if there are things specific to the event which might need to be added/changed.

While it may look rather complicated at first sight, I hope you find it reasonably logical to follow. (In case you don't notice the tabs at the bottom of the page there are several Excel sheets that make up the set). It also includes a copy of the Drascombe Association RA for reference.

Looking forward to your comments!

Nick Orchard & Alistair Conquer

p.s. if you think it's OTT imagine what the RA for the G7 meeting in Carbis Bay looks like!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version