Author Topic: La Semaine Du Golfe Morbihan 2015 May 11th-17th  (Read 11806 times)

MichaelP

Re: La Semaine Du Golfe Morbihan 2015 May 11th-17th
« Reply #15 on: 19 Apr 2015, 23:28 »
Any BREs out there with time to spare for a would be owner?

With retirement a mere two years away, I have been seriously looking at a trailer sailer as a way of getting out on the water. My sailing experience is mostly with 26 to 32 ft chartered sailing boats, mostly in southern Brittany plus a few cross-Channel cruises (Scillies, Cornwall, West Coast of Ireland). I am chronically short of crew and my job has taken me to all kinds of places in Europe where an agile sailing boat could be really useful. I am reluctant to leave the Paris area so its charter or trailer for me!

There are a few trailables around but the Bay Raider Expedition has plenty of attractions. Smart looks, modern design, apparently a lot of thought has gone into the design. I would really like to get a closer look at and I imagine some will be attending the Semaine du Golfe, based on the posts above.

In any case I am staying in the Lorient area all of that week and would really like to meet, chat, crew, drink Muscadet or whatever with anyone willing to let me have a look and trade a few yarns. Even witnessing a launch or recovery, since this is described a suspiciously simple to someone with no experience!

Please let me know

Michael Poisson

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #16 on: 22 Apr 2015, 18:56 »
Michael

Can't help with BRe look over but as it's the same hull as the BR20 GRP your more than welcome to meet myself and Andy Dingle at Lamour Barden where you can witness us launch. Will be launching on Saturday  9th May around midday. Will take her out for a local sail immediately after, you are most welcome to join us, light refreshments will follow.

Peter Cockerton

Either PM me or email petercsailing at virginmedia.com
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2015, 23:14 »
Did anyone see Lattis, one of only two SeaRaiders, sailing at Morbihan?  I found this photo, which appears to show a fairly radical change to her sail wardrobe since Raid England last summer.  It looks like the sails are made of something hi-tech like Kevlar and the mainsail is now a fathead Bermudan, having previously been standard gunter rig. She was already fast and is presumably now unbeatable.

How was the Semaine generally?
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Andy Dingle

« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2015, 23:55 »
Hello Graham.

Yes, Peter and I did see her, although I do confess to not recognising her as a Searaider(!).
 An absolutely beautiful boat. You are correct about the rig, the sails are of a laminate material, fathead main with a carbon mast.  Sleak, fast and looking very dangerous !
I shared a 'water taxi' out to her with her owner at Port Blanc after the lunch stop. Unfortunately i don't seem to have any photographs of her - presumably as she was always too far ahead!

I'll publish some of the photo's that I do have, together with a few words in due course..

Enjoy Caledonia, maybe I'll make it next year, although somewhat more sedately in my BC23..

Regards

Andy