Author Topic: Water Craft 107  (Read 3237 times)

Michael Rogers

Water Craft 107
« on: 27 Aug 2014, 14:49 »
Probably like a lot of you, I have been enjoying what could justifiably be called 'The Swallow Boats Special Issue'.

Comments on the Storm 23? A real looker - I think a nautical 'Whooahrr" is allowable. In the Interview (= Designer Monologues), Matt talked about usually having to compromise his aesthetics. It looks as if one customer has let him have his way, and very beautiful the result is too. One point -it's all very well keeping the coach roof 'extremely low' (his words), but what do you DO with a cabin/cuddy which doesn't give even sitting headroom? I suppose the family dog might appreciate it in a blow. I bet that coach roof goes up in most production boats, if not in the prototype. What an addition to a Raid fleet!

Away from Swallow Boats in WC107, I found myself very taken by the shanty boat (p52), designed with a really practical twinkle in the eye. It would make a great floating base for all sorts of sailing expeditions, then take it home and have it on the drive as a spill-over guest room.

Michael