Author Topic: Forum Upgrade  (Read 3909 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Forum Upgrade
« on: 07 Jun 2019, 19:05 »
Hello,

I've upgraded the forum software today. As is traditional, the forum broke for a while and I had an hour or so sweating, wondering what I'd done and whether the site could be resurrected. Sorry if you visited the forum during that time! But it's working again and on the latest version of the forum software. I have a few more configuration changes to make but they shouldn't break anything. Please let me know if you find any new issues with the forum.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Re: Forum Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jun 2019, 22:46 »
Upgrade finished. I'm not aware of any remaining issues but please post here if you find any problems...
Jonathan

Matthew P

« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun 2019, 19:41 »
Thank you Jonathan for the time and expertise you freely provide to maintain the forum. 

It's a valuable source of useful information, interest and fun that significantly enhances our enjoyment of owning a Swallow Boat (or Yacht).

Matthew
BR20 Gladys
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

Andy Dingle

« Reply #3 on: 09 Jun 2019, 00:13 »
Jonathan ..  thanks for your endeavours and I'm pleased to say it seems all well up here in darkest 'oop north'

Sadly I don't now have the inclination to access this website as much as I used to, Now that I don't have the pleasure of owning a Swallow boat! But my new-to-me Etap 34s comes close to making up for that... Nearly on par with Matt's latest offerings..  debatable?!.

But I'm stil out there sailing as much and as hard on as I did in my reliable BC23..  this time a bit more further afield in tougher conditions perhaps.. .

By the way - my Etap is named 'Swallow' after Matt's gang and you all in general..

Best.

Andy

BobT

« Reply #4 on: 09 Jun 2019, 08:45 »
Just like to add my thanks to Jonathan for his work in keeping this site up and running, much appreciated.
Cheers
Bob
Bob
BRe "Escape"

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jun 2019, 22:21 »
No problem, but thank you. There's always more to do and I'm aware that I still haven't sorted out the gallery but it's good to have got the forum upgraded and security improved.
Jonathan

Sea Simon

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2019, 13:38 »
Just like to add my thanks to Jonathan for his work in keeping this site up and running, much appreciated.
Cheers
Bob

Here-here!

Thanks.
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Mikecambray

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jun 2019, 10:24 »
Thanks for all your work Jonathan.  Hugely appreciated, and the forum is a very useful service.

Cheers,

Mike
BC23 #12 'Juno', (formerly 'Golightly').
ex Drascombe Coaster 'Shasa'.

Martijn

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jun 2019, 08:29 »
Jonathan,

Whenever I try to post a reply I get the following message:
The following error(s) occurred while posting this message:
The message body has been left empty.
I get this message when either using Firefox or Opera as a browser. When using Internet Explorer however I can post a reply without this error message
Further more my reply (obviously) is not empty, it only contains only text, no images or smileys.

Does anyone else suffer from this, or is this a familiar problem?
BC23 #54 "Riff Raff"

Rock Doctor

« Reply #9 on: 02 Jul 2019, 06:33 »
Martijn,
I experience this with Google Chrome - always. When replying or post in something new I must always use IE.
Chris Robinson
BR20 "Gryphon"

Martijn

« Reply #10 on: 02 Jul 2019, 15:31 »
So far I haven't been able to reply using my phone, tablet or laptop. All are using different browsers.
Is there anyone using a different browser than IE, and if so which one?
BC23 #54 "Riff Raff"

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 02 Jul 2019, 20:26 »
I use Chrome (Version 75.0.3770.100) and haven't seen this issue.
Jonathan

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 02 Jul 2019, 21:58 »
No problem with Safari.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Martijn

« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2022, 18:30 »
Still having this problem, only after upgrading to Windows 11 I no longer have access to Internet Explorer and can not no longer participate at all.
As a software developer I'm by no means computer illiterate. I've tried multiple (5 or 6) pc's, 2 laptops, a tablet (Android) and my phone (which is also running on Android). So far all browsers that I tried (Chrome, Opera, Edge and Firefox) refuse to let me post or reply to a message. It is not a cookie setting.
I've had no luck with any modern Windows machine, except when using Internet Explorer.
It does not seem to be a browser issue, and I'm having a hard time thinking I'm the only one.

Can anyone at all post a message using a browser on Windows other than IE?

I've also noticed the latest version of this forum is quite old, and a newer version of SMF is available.
Multiple fixes are reported which seem related to the issue, could this forum please be updated to the latest version?

As it stands I can no longer post, or even reply to any messages in this forum, including to this post.
BC23 #54 "Riff Raff"