Author Topic: Events 2008  (Read 11770 times)

Craic

Events 2008
« on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:44 »
After the season 2007 is before the season 2008.

Curious to know which boats will be where:

Sail Caledonia (www.sailcaledonia.org)
Velalonga Raid (google for URL)
Seafairhaven       ( " )
Raid Finland       ( " )
Shipyard Raid      ( " )
Dorestad Raid      ( " )
Drascombe Baltimore (IRL) Rally (www.drascombe.ie , -just for Drascombe Assoc. members.)

Any other events I forgot?

Claus

Matt Newland

Re: Events 2008
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2007, 08:40 »
Hello All,
I am hoping to make it to Sail Caledonia this year, but will have to see how other commitments stack up. We will of course be at Beale Park the weekend after which always seems to be a busy time of year.
There should be at least 2 BayRaiders and 2 SeaRaiders at Sailcaledonia this year...

Next August our local boat club, Teifi BC will again be organising their Swallowboats/Drascombe race. Date is to be confirmed, but I am hoping to persuade/cajole/bribe as many BayRaider and Storm owners as possible to come.

We should also be attending SeaFair Haven, probably in our BayRaider.

Matt

Craic

« Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2007, 08:19 »
Just in:
Brest Week, www.brest2008.fr, July 11 - 17, 2008 . Brest week is only every four years. They expect over 2,000 (!) traditional boats in 2008.

Douarnenez Festival, July 17 - 21, 2008. Connecting to Brest Week through a feeder cruise.

It'll be a busy year!  :)

Claus

Jeff Curtis

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2008, 20:30 »
I'm very disappointed to say that I won't be able to make the Teifi Boat Club regatta on 28-29 June. Does anyone know of any other Cardigan Bay events this year? I may try to get to Seafair, are Swallow Boats 'traditional' enough for this event?

Jeff
Bayraider #4

Craic

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2008, 13:36 »
Jeff:
Milforhaven Week (Seafair), any Swallowboat would qualify (not sure about the 'Winsome' though).

Just to mention two other attractive international venues:

1) Velalonga (1.6.) and Velalonga Raid (2.6. - 7.6.), Venice, Italy. ( www.velalonga.com ) and ( www.velalonga.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=14&Itemid=34 )

2) Drascombe Baltimore Rally, (7.8. - 10.8.), Baltimore, Co. Cork, Eire (Drascombe Assoc. Members only).

BTW, Teifi BC Weekend, 28.6 - 29.6, Cardigan; we'll be there with new GRE BayRaider 'Llafurio' .

Claus Riepe

Tony

« Reply #5 on: 09 Apr 2008, 23:37 »
Hi, Claus.
Four Sisters will be at Seafair Milford Haven - sail and oar fleet, I think. Will also make the Teifi weekend with a bit of luck.
After that we're off cruising and camping to the Amrakikos Gulf, Ithaca and Paxos from July to September. Its a tough call but someone has to do it.