Author Topic: Community Moderation of Forums  (Read 9636 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Community Moderation of Forums
« on: 06 Jun 2021, 21:30 »
Any forum member that has made 200 or more posts (that is the "Heros", "Super Heros" and "Demigods") has some administration rights for the forums. The idea is that those members who are most active and have proved their commitment to the forums can help administer the forums. Thus, the forums are managed by their members. These members have the following additional rights:

Approve Posts & Topics: Posts & topics made by new members must be approved before they are visible on the forum. Posts requiring approval are highlighted with a different background colour.  Administrators can approve such posts. Please approve any posts that are legitimate. Report any unapproved spam, etc, to me via a private message and I will delete the account. Don't approve or reject such posts. It is almost always very clear whether or not a post is spam. Where it's not absolutely clear I give people the benefit of the doubt. If you're unsure whether or not to approve a post then leave it and PM me - I can see the email and IP addresses of the person who made the post and that can help separate spammers from legitimate users. Attached to this post are images showing how forum boards and posts are highlighted when a post requires approval.
Move Topics: If a topic has been posted in the wrong forum board then it can be moved to a different board.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"