Author Topic: Wanted BC 23 or 26  (Read 3241 times)

Michael Simpson

Wanted BC 23 or 26
« on: 03 Oct 2021, 05:28 »
I own a BRE that was commissioned in 2016 and has a new full size cockpit tent for overnight camping.  But now looking to trade up to a BC23 or BC26 for more  overnight room down below.

RichardandJeni

Re: Wanted BC 23 or 26
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2021, 10:10 »
Hi Michael,
Good luck with your hunt for a larger boat..
We are expecting our new BRe to be ready in a few weeks and are looking for a Full cockpit tent.
Would you mind sending me details  (and possibly pictures) of your set up please..
Many Thanks,
Richard..

Michael Simpson

« Reply #2 on: 08 Oct 2021, 08:52 »
Hi Richard and Jeni,

The BRE is such a fun boat.   See attached pictures of the cockpit tent - great for camping.  Made by:

Advanced Covers Ltd
14a Paynes Road, Shirley
Southampton SO15 3DJ
t: 02380 635809
m: 07925 321082
e: enquiries@advancedcovers.co.uk

RichardandJeni

« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2021, 10:32 »
Hi Michael,
Many thanks for putting this up, looks great!
Will be contacting them..
Richard..

David H

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2021, 09:46 »
Many thanks for showing the photo of your BRe cockpit tent. Since unsuccessfully trying to order a tent from Swallow themselves (for some reason they discontinued it) I have been following the various designs/photos for BRe tents that have been posted in the forum, each one appears to be a custom job.

It strikes me that there is a lot of "reinventing the wheel" going on. I'm guessing that the time spent, measuring/speccing (sp?)/approving is adding to the cost - perhaps one of these supppliers might be interested in offering a BRe tent as a ready to order product.

Meanwhile, I will be contacting Advanced Covers as Michael's tent looks great and might help stave off family pressure to move to a BC23!

David
BRe 049

Rich Maynard

« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2022, 20:54 »
Did you make any progress with commissioning a tent like this for your BRe?

David H

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2022, 12:36 »
Thanks for your response - the short answer is no, I haven't done much more. Apart from getting a quote from a local (S. Germany) for a custom cockpit tent for our BRe, which was in the order of €3.5k, and I decided to put the funds towards buying a BC23 (see for sale/wanted section).

So the opportunity still remains!

Regards,

David

PS I should add that I did contact Advanced Covers for a quote, but they said they needed to have the boat in their workshop which was not practical for us. The local quote I had was for a design like Michael's.