Author Topic: Transom bracket for outboard  (Read 1657 times)

Michael Rogers

Transom bracket for outboard
« on: 03 Aug 2022, 17:18 »
Any use to anyone? - I have a fairly massive bracket for mounting a (presumably) fairly massive outboard on the transom of a biggish boat. I think it's brand new, certainly unused. I can't find a manufacturer's name on it. I bought it on eBay five or so years ago. It's FAR too big to be any use to me. I don't want anything for it, but it seems a shame just to ditch it if someone could make use of it. I doubt if I can get to a boat jumble or any other sensible means of disposal.

I'll do some photos if it's of interest. Just to give an idea, there's a plate 16 x 15 cm , slightly tapered vertically, which bolts onto the boat. A matching plate on the bracket slots and locks into it, and the whole bracket can be lifted off, leaving only the plate permanently on the boat. There is a stalk about 8cm square and 20 cm long sticking out with an even bigger plate 27 x 20 cm on the end of it, onto which the outboard is presumably clamped.

I'm aware that spec doesn't obviously fit a Swallow yacht!

Michael Rogers (Trouper 12 'Cavatina')

Sea Simon

Re: Transom bracket for outboard
« Reply #1 on: 04 Aug 2022, 10:46 »
Michael, I'm familiar with these.

I have a pal who could make use of your kind offer.
What might it weigh, If you were kind enough to post at my cost?
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Sea Simon

« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2022, 08:08 »
If there is no possibility of postage, collection,?where are you based please?
I'm doing Cornwall to Salcombe, and then to Chichester, and probably home via Portland next week...by car, not BRe!
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Michael Rogers

« Reply #3 on: 06 Aug 2022, 15:38 »
Apologies for being slow to come back to you, Simon.
It weighs 4.3 kg. Not light! Delighted if it finds a home, it seems a well-made bit of kit. I'd be happy to put it in the post, even better if one of these parcels firms could collect from here and deliver.
I'm in Freshford, south of Bath, just off the A36 Warminster road. Too far from the sea.
Let me know what seems best. I'm away 22nd - 31st August.
I don't know whether forum etiquette requires us to conduct the rest of this business on 'Messages' - I'm easy either way.

Michael