Swallow Yachts Forum > General Discussion

Forum Registration

<< < (2/3) > >>

Matthew P:
We are fortunate to have such an active, relevant and interesting forum.  The forum definitely adds to the enjoyment of owning a Swallow Yacht/Boat.

I am sure I'm not alone in appreciating the work and wanting to thank Jonathan for all the work he does to maintain and protect it.  I suspect he does a lot more than is apparent. 

Thankyou Jonathan and also Graham and others who assist moderating as well as contributing to the forum.     

Matthew P

BR17 Tarika
ex-BR20 Gladys

Graham W:
Jonathan does 99.9% of the moderation work, which includes casting spammers into the outer darkness with a wailing and gnashing of teeth.

It appears that the prolific IP addresses 46.161.11.* to which he refers are located in St Petersburg, Mad Vlad’s former stamping ground.  Bombarding our forum with so much spam wastes a lot of Jonathan’s time.  It’s entirely pointless and just goes to show that AI, if that is what it’s driven by, still has a long way to go.  If it’s driven by humans then its unintelligent direction doesn’t bode well for Russia.

Martijn:

--- Quote ---  It’s entirely pointless and just goes to show that AI, if that is what it’s driven by, still has a long way to go.
--- End quote ---
It's not AI but mostly very simple bots crawling the web for outdated software that can be exploited.

Graham W:
There are parallels to be drawn with the Russian army in there somewhere.

Martijn:
The use of cheap drones with no other goal but to make life difficult?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version