Author Topic: BayRaider Expedition Lifting Strap Points  (Read 2385 times)

whale

BayRaider Expedition Lifting Strap Points
« on: 31 Jan 2023, 16:35 »
I am looking forward to taking delivery of my BREx20 very shortly. I am in the US , it will be shipped on a shipping cradle. One option for getting the vessel from the shipping cradle onto the US-built boat trailer at the port is to use a crane. Has anyone lifted a BREx20 with a crane and lifting straps or a regular marine lift, and if so, where did you position the lifting straps? Did you have any problems? Would you recommend not lifting a BREx20 with lifting straps?

Thanks so much

Llafurio

Re: BayRaider Expedition Lifting Strap Points
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2023, 20:06 »
... Has anyone lifted a BREx20 with a crane and lifting straps or a regular marine lift, and if so, where did you position the lifting straps? Did you have any problems? Would you recommend not lifting a BREx20 with lifting straps? ...
Hi. BRexes have been craned many a time without any problems. Trust the craneman to put the straps where they will not slip off while lifting. The boat hull is tough enough and will be happy with wherever the straps are positioned by the experienced craneman. Never fear.
Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27" and Drascombe Drifter No. 31 "Amity". Homeport: Rossdohan

RustySteel

« Reply #2 on: 06 Feb 2023, 20:18 »
First time on the forum. Got my Bre in November. I will try to attach photos, please be patient. First photo as it arrived from port of Baltimore delivered to boatyard through import agent. Next- boat being lifted.

RustySteel

« Reply #3 on: 06 Feb 2023, 20:21 »
Continued from previous: Next- boat free of flatbed truck. Next- loading onto trailer. Hope that helps.

RustySteel

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2023, 00:02 »
Yes, can't wait to get it in the water, but need to get much more familiar with the rigging as the weather gets warmer... maybe try it in ~May.

Sea Simon

« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2023, 09:14 »
Continued from previous: Next- boat free of flatbed truck. Next- loading onto trailer. Hope that helps.

Very considerate/professional white covers on lifting straps. Not experienced those hereabouts!
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

whale

« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2023, 03:20 »
Thanks so much for all the great info. RustySteel your pictures are very helpful !