Swallow Yachts Forum > Sailing and Events

Swallow Raid 2023

(1/3) > >>

Al Beckhelling:
Hi all. Looking to join the Raid ths year in Mylor (5 years ago was last visit) and am trying to sort some accommodation.  Can get a cottage literally a stones throw from the Marina but it's bigger and too pricey for just the two of us.  Would anyone else be interested in sharing?  The property has lawns to the front of it and looks over the river-side area of the MArina. The price per couple would be £500.  Let me know if interested.
Would also be interested in sharing cost with others who may be in the same boat (excuse the pun).
Cheers
Al & Jill,  Libertybelle (BC23).

Rob Johnstone:
Have you seen the expected weather at Mylor next week. Looks (a) wet and (b) windy. I wonder if it's worth taking Lockdown.......

Graham W:
A bit wet and decreasingly windy as the week progresses.  The wind will mostly be across the Roads, so with ballast in and suitably reefed, it shouldn’t be too bad, although a bit gusty.  I was going to go out on Monday as well but looking at the forecast of a near gale, perhaps I won’t bother.  Thursday looks good…..

Sea Simon:
Trying to find a reasonable  weather window to make passage down, even from Fowey (appx 30 miles berth to berth), is proving to be unexpectedly tricky for July.

Mevagissey is the only port of refuge, and that's rather too close to home (and of questionable value to a visitor in easterlies, as is Helford). Once around the Dodman (half way) you are pretty much committed to The Fal.

Very changeable. But at least not Easterly...hopefully!

Sea Simon:
Yesterday, Polzeath...  :-\

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce41q545dgpo.amp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version