Author Topic: Can you see the inconsistency?  (Read 3413 times)

RogerLennard

Can you see the inconsistency?
« on: 18 Mar 2023, 16:35 »
I went to sort a few things out on my new Bayraider 20 today and decided to practise putting the sail up and down in anticipation of that first go on the water. When it was up, I took a photograph but then noticed an inconsistency.

Can you spot it too?

Sadly no cash prizes, only the kudos and the opportunity to say 'What were they thinking at Swallow Yachts?'

Llafurio

Re: Can you see the inconsistency?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2023, 17:51 »
Lucky You!

-They upgraded you to a BRE!
Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27" and Drascombe Drifter No. 31 "Amity". Homeport: Rossdohan

RogerLennard

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2023, 20:24 »
Well done Llanfurio, you win the Kudos. Glad to know I got the upgrade! Shame it wasn't a shiny new Yamaha 6hp outboard type of upgrade.

I do wonder whether this means I now have the 16.95 square metres of sail of a BR20 or the 17.70 square metres of a BRE?

I've not even had this boat on the water and there have been problems with the wood, problems with the lighting board arms and problems with the trailer electrics. Swallow Yachts have been excellent and straight on to each issue but it would have been better not to have had the issues in the first place.

Sea Simon

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2023, 08:16 »
I do wonder whether this means I now have the 16.95 square metres of sail of a BR20 or the 17.70 square metres of the BRe

The rest of this will only query this when you start winning races! ;)
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Martijn

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2023, 09:02 »
They upgraded you to a BRE!

Makes me wonder who got the downgrade...
BC23 #54 "Riff Raff"

Ape Ears

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2023, 10:15 »
They upgraded you to a BRE!

Makes me wonder who got the downgrade...

I am afraid it's me !

I have traded in the fastest Swallow Yacht, Sea Raider Number 1 'CraiC', for a new BRE.

If anyone is interested in acquiring this legendary craft with its pedigree and success at Sail Caledonia, Raid England, Swallow Yachts Raids, as well as cruising single handed, please contact Matt Newlands or Michelle at Swallow Yachts.

'CraiC' has been cared for by its original owner, Claus (Llafurio) and I. Completely refitted repainted and revarnished in 2022 by Swallow Yachts, everything works and she has stood the test of time successfully and flawlessly.

Fancy a race Roger ?

Andrew
SeaRaider No1 'Craic'
BayRaider Expedition No123 'Apus' (Swift)