Swallow Yachts Forum > Sailing and Events

Another Llyn Tegid (Lake Bala) Popup Meeting for Tuesday 23rd May 2023

(1/1)

Matthew P:
At our previous Bala pop-up meeting on 2nd May the weather was great and the company select, including a DCA Mirror dinghy.  Despite the F3 breeze and sunshine we were almost the only boats on the water.

Why change something that works? - so same arrangements as last time! No change except the car park meter is now wondrously efficient and £5 for a car and £5 for the boat.

Lake Bala (Llyn Tegid) is in mid-Wales and is a beautiful to sail about 3 miles long by 0.5 miles wide with several quiet places to picnic. The town slipway has public toilets and changing room and the Loch Cafe sells tasty ice creams.

This will be an informal one day meeting at Bala town slipway at the North Western corner of Llyn Tegid (Lake Bala) near the Bala Adventure and Watersports Centre on the A494. https://goo.gl/maps/xGfwBfsdpjkPatBT7

Please bring evidence of 3rd party insurance. You can use an electric motor but fossil-fuelled motors are not permitted.

I'll be sailing my BR17, Tarika.  Andrew might bring Apus, his still-shiny new BRe.  Normally I arrive about 10am, launch about 11.00am and pack up about 4pm.

Email me at matthewdca3359@gmail.com if you are coming or want further information.

Please note that participants are entirely responsible for their own safety, equipment and costs.

Matthew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version