Swallow Yachts Forum > General Discussion

Any BC20 owners in the London area?

(1/1)

Aurigacap:
I need access to the mast /boom and rigging of a fairly standard BC 20 to complete the last stage of my conversion of the ex Blain junk rigged boat to the original yawl configuration. I am North London based .

The big jobs - mainsheet and mizzen beams, new reinforced mast step, new forestay/bow roller, shroud plates (nearly), repairing the coach roof where the keel stepped junk mast penetrated etc - have been done. I have the carbon fibre masts, with fittings for shrouds and boom, and naked wooden booms and need now to establish what fittings and exactly where for the latter, plus any, I hope minimal, additions to the masts. I aim to stick pretty much to the standard configuration for halyards, sheeting and reefing until I have some sea miles under my belt and have already added a mizzen reefing drum using the Peter Taylor model

Peter Taylor and Julian Merson have been most helpful and I am aware of the location of their boats. Does anyone willing possess one nearer for an ageing London geezer using public transport and push bike? A couple of hours on the spot should do and I am low maintenance. The list of boats/owners is not much help.

Julian Merson:
You’d be very welcome to trip back up the M11 if that helps.

Aurigacap:
Thanks Julian. On the assumption that there are no nearer offers, I have sent you a phone message re. your availability in the next week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version