Author Topic: Wanted: small lightweight tenderLooking for 1.8 tender  (Read 8698 times)

Jane Reed

I’m looking for a 1.8 tender , air flow floor, transom , oars under 10 kg in weight

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Jane,

3D Tenders do a 1.8m inflatable.  It weighs 11kg but that’s probably as light as you’re going to get. See this for specifications https://www.3dtender.com/models-superlight-twin-air-180-713-248-0-0.html.  I have had a bigger version (2.3m) for several years and am very pleased with how easy it is to carry and how well it rows.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Nicky R

The Ezraft was featured in yachting monthly's new gear this month. I’ve no idea what it’s like, but it looks like it should do what you want.

https://www.ezraft.com/
Bay Cruiser 23 #080 Sulis
Ex BRe #001 Grace

Willie The Rut Lander

BRe 001: Susannah (formerly Grace). Asymmetric, 6Hp, Jeckell's Rather Excellent Cockpit Tent

Sea Simon

The Ezraft was featured in yachting monthly's new gear this month. I’ve no idea what it’s like, but it looks like it should do what you want.

https://www.ezraft.com/

Very intrigued by this. Has anyone actually seen one? UK dealers? Couldn't  see much on their site.

I have had several small inflatables over the years, currently a 2m Honwave (only JUST big enough for two and luggage), a Lidl "3 man" dinghy, (which in the past has served to fulfill some racing organisers requirements to carry a "partially inflated dinghy" in lieu of a liferaft.) NONE of which are ideal. The Honwave well made but heavy and bulky, the Lidl v "bendy" and flimsy (unsurprisingly! ). The Waveline soft tail (with removable outboard bracket) is perhaps the best compromise?

I'd been looking at various packrafts, but EZRaft potential for dry feet/bum (as well as stability, small size and light weight) really appeals.

However, perhaps my best boat was a fancy airdeck/keel bright white quicksilver (Yamaha) which lasted less than a month before it disappeared  while left moored to a Quay...rather puts me off fancy tenders, certainly for regular use.
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Sea Simon

The makers have been very helpful, but are unable to show me a sample in the UK atm.
Too expensive, and too novel to buy sight unseen, IMHO...

Anyone know differently?

Failing this EZraft, a Talamex SLA 250 at 14.5 kg seems next best?
Maybe 3D superlight twin air, which seems to be very much the same thing?

BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.