Author Topic: Storm 17 tabernacle mod?  (Read 19659 times)

Christian Fortmann

Re: Storm 17 tabernacle mod?
« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2012, 18:01 »
Nope, as, different to the original layout I opted for a Bermudan Rig. You can actually see a picture of my boat on the Swalloboat.com site under the S17 section.

Best

Christian
Storm 17 "Devon Cream" on Lake Starnberg

Simon Holden

« Reply #16 on: 27 Sep 2012, 21:49 »
Thanks Christian - I always thought it was a good idea but never realised that Matt offered it as a factory option!. As a matter of interest what year is your boat?
I guess the tabernacle is the same as that used on the BR 17 so should be readily available from the yard. As you say, I think forepeak access is poor with or without the lower end of the mast present so I'm not planning on cutting any big holes in my nice new shiny deck!
How do you support the mast when trailering? is there a yolk at the aft end to cradle it as per the BR or have you sorted out a different arrangement?
Simon
Storm 17 'Olivia Eva'

Christian Fortmann

« Reply #17 on: 28 Sep 2012, 08:53 »
Simon,

I actually take the mast of the tabernacle when trailering and put it on a support on the trailer. But then again, I don't have a Gunter Rig with a short mast, but a Bermudan Rig with a long mast.

Best

Christian
Storm 17 "Devon Cream" on Lake Starnberg

Clem Freeman

« Reply #18 on: 28 Sep 2012, 09:35 »
I've been in contact with Matt and he can do a complete Gunter rig in carbon. He does think there would be much saving in weight so a shorter main on to a tabernacle is probably the way to go. I've asked if he can supply a suitable tabernacle. When he gets back I'll let you know