Author Topic: Rutland Water 2013 Rally 6/4/2013-7/4/2013  (Read 26892 times)

Rob Johnstone

Re: Rutland Water 2013 Rally 6/4/2013-7/4/2013
« Reply #15 on: 25 Jan 2013, 21:32 »
Am I right to assume that we have to make our own arrangements with the reservoir authorities (eg booking an alongside berth for the Friday / Saturday night)?
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #16 on: 26 Jan 2013, 10:21 »
Rob

I'm meeting Andy at Rutland on Monday 28th january and i will talk to the sailing centre people on this matter. If they allow me to do it i will reserve a space for you and get back to you, if anyone else is planning to sleep on their boats alongside the pontoon please let me know over this weekend if possible.

Peter Cockerton
Andy dingle
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Andy Dingle

« Reply #17 on: 26 Jan 2013, 20:00 »
FAO Simon Reeve.

Simon. Many thanks for the kind invitation for a sail with you in your BC23 at Rutland - I would like that very much, thank you.
Because of a recent change in plans - courtesy of British Airways and the British weather - I will now be about for the first two weekends in Feb.
On the 16/17th Feb I will be off to the sunshine in Buenos Aries, so if at all it will have to be before then. If the weather or your circumstances get in the way, no problem, we can re-arrange at your convenience. In any case I'll be there 6/7th April.
Please feel free to email me on 'ketchpsalter at gmail dot com' and we can arrange something.

Thanks

Andy

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2013, 11:46 »
Am I right to assume that we have to make our own arrangements with the reservoir authorities (eg booking an alongside berth for the Friday / Saturday night)?

Rob and anyone else wanting a pontoon reservation

Spoke to the people at the Water sports centre yesterday and you can reserve a pontoon spot for your overnight stay. To do this you must ring the centre direct and cough up some pennies. Let them know you want a weekend sail and launch pass with overnight stay on the pontoon 01780 460154.

This number can be used for help whilst on the water if you need it also vhf M2, 37 and P4 channels are used by rescue crew. Checked on my handheld and M2 is available but not 37 or P4.

Andy and myself with spouses (and my dogs) are booked into a local pub (3 miles from centre) for the night of the 6th, if anyone else is stopping overnight give these people a call The White Horse 01780 460221 www.whitehorserutland.co.uk. Double room is £70.00 inc breakfast £45.00 for a single inc breakfast. The bitter is excellent and a bar snack was good to.

Peter and Andy
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

Colin Morley

« Reply #19 on: 04 Feb 2013, 20:18 »
Thanks for getting this organised.

I could would be interested with my BR20. At the moment I am not sure whether i will have a crew. Wife may say it is too cold!  However, please keep me on the list and I will sound out the crew. I would like some accommodation if possible - camping on a boat in Early April is not for wimps like me!

Best wishes,

Colin
Colin
BR James Caird

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #20 on: 04 Feb 2013, 21:52 »
Colin

As soon as your sorted and a decision made i would get your digs booked as this is a very popular area, the pub mentioned above had rooms last week.

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

Robert Armstrong

« Reply #21 on: 05 Feb 2013, 15:53 »
Dear Peter,
             I have the BR 17 at Rutland Sailing Club on the south shore. I have only just caught up with the correspondence having been abroad most of the winter.
I would like to sail over to you on the north shore and join in the regatta. Please let me know what the programme is. I am away again for most of march
Rob Armstrong

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #22 on: 06 Feb 2013, 11:11 »
Dear Peter,
             I have the BR 17 at Rutland Sailing Club on the south shore. I have only just caught up with the correspondence having been abroad most of the winter.
I would like to sail over to you on the north shore and join in the regatta. Please let me know what the programme is. I am away again for most of march
Rob Armstrong

Robert

Hope you have been somewhere warm and civilised and perhaps managed to get some sailing in, myself and Andy can't keep away from Rutland and have enjoyed some interesting sailing over December and January so far.

No programme as yet other than were hoping to get two days sailing in and perhaps a drink and meal together on the Saturday night, i'm willing to make a reservation in the White Horse Empingham for the evening get together those interested in joining in PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP so i can try and get a booking, petercsailing@virginmedia.com.

Peter

Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

Robert Armstrong

« Reply #23 on: 08 Feb 2013, 15:27 »
Peter,
    OK . Put me down for the White Horse.
I will wait for more details
Rob Armstrong

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #24 on: 10 Feb 2013, 19:41 »
Hi All,
I spoke with the centre at Rutland Water this weekend. It seems they have a problem with their pontoons at the moment and won't know what they are going to have available (in April) until mid March!

Put me down for the Staurday meal please.

Rob J
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #25 on: 11 Feb 2013, 15:03 »
Hi All,
I spoke with the centre at Rutland Water this weekend. It seems they have a problem with their pontoons at the moment and won't know what they are going to have available (in April) until mid March!

Rob J

Rob

The centre is in the middle of sorting out the pontoons apparently, the main launching pontoon is new, the one it has replaced is still good but not positioned as yet on the second slip. The problem has been caused by the pontoon which the rescue teams use being not safe for whatever reason and as a temporary measure they need space on the main slip pontoon so will not commit to reserving space for overnighters. I'm sure they will sort it out before April.

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #26 on: 12 Feb 2013, 18:02 »
Evening Meal Table reservation

I have now booked a table in the White Horse Empingham for 10 in the Tartan Room.

Spaces reserved so far for
Peter and Joy Cockerton.
Andy and Karen Dingle
Rob Armstrong (1)
Rob Johnstone (1)

Can you please let me know if you want to come to this so i can get the numbers right, this is a very popular venue and early table reservation is recommended.

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #27 on: 06 Mar 2013, 10:48 »
Evening Meal Table reservation

I have now booked a table in the White Horse Empingham for 10 in the Tartan Room.

Spaces reserved so far for
Peter and Joy Cockerton.
Andy and Karen Dingle
Rob Armstrong (1)
Rob Johnstone (1)

Can you please let me know if you want to come to this so i can get the numbers right, this is a very popular venue and early table reservation is recommended.

Peter

I urgently need to know if anyone else is joining us for the evening meal at the White Horse to make sure I have the correct table reservations. Please email me on petercsailing@virginmedia.com before the end of this week.

The latest on the pontoon availability for boats to book for overnight berths is looking more promising, please call 01780 460154 and ask to speak to Ken who may help for a small amount of boats.

Several members have now registered to attend the get together which I’m leaving as totally free sailing for the two days. I'm sure ideas will come forward for friendly "around the water towers" chases or similar challenges over the two days.

When you enter the Whitwell Centre compound look to the right and you will see a gravel covered area which you can use to park up, rig the boat and store the trailor.
I'm aiming to get there mid-morning on Saturday the 6th. Please feel free to call me on 07774 111112 for any information you may need.

Thanks

Peter Cockerton
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig

Simon Reeve

« Reply #28 on: 10 Mar 2013, 20:04 »
Peter,
I confirm I will join you for the Saturday night meal at the White Horse. My father will probably also join us so please reserve for 2.
Looking forward to the weekend. I will be there early Saturday morning as I have the advantage that my parents live just 10 mins drive away at Cottesmore so will stay there Friday & Saturday night. My wife will join for Saturday's sailing and my 2 teenage sons for probably both Sat & Sun.
Several people have expressed an interest in a sail in the BC23 so happy to oblige that weekend.
Thanks.
Simon

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #29 on: 11 Mar 2013, 20:57 »
Simon

Look forward to seeing you at Rutland Rally i have booked the spaces you asked for for the Evening meal on the Saturday.
Bayraider 20 mk2
USA rig