Author Topic: Contributing to the web site  (Read 56900 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Re: Contributing to the web site
« Reply #15 on: 20 Nov 2012, 22:25 »
Michael,

With all these tetchy emails you're now only 7 posts away from being a "Hero member" and then you join the elite group of true curmudgeons  :)!

Email me the document when you can and I will convert it to a web page. If you can't do that then I'll use your forum posts as the basis for the JR page, but that looks like more work than just taking your document so hopefully the email issues will be resolved!
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 25 Nov 2012, 22:38 »
The Gallery is now live and members can create Galleries and upload photos. It can be accessed via the Gallery link on the web site's main menu. Underneath this there is a page called "Using the Gallery" that explains how to create Galleries and upload pictures, etc. Please read this first! No doubt there may well be issues and/or the documentation isn't as clear as I think, so pls post here if you have any questions or problems.
Jonathan

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #17 on: 29 Nov 2012, 19:40 »
Hi,
Congratulations on the boat register and the data entry page. However, when I tried to add Vagabond to the list this evening, I kept getting an error message requesting me to add data into fields where I had already selected from the drop down lists. Is this a page error or a user error?
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 30 Nov 2012, 12:53 »
Rob,

I have made some changes to the Register page so can you try this again please and let me know what happens?
Jonathan

Edwin Davies 2

« Reply #19 on: 30 Nov 2012, 20:02 »
It worked OK for me?

Julian Swindell

« Reply #20 on: 01 Dec 2012, 18:49 »
Jonathan, a question about editing library pages. I would like to add a bit to the page on Tiller tamers to explain the very simple system I use. When I click the edit button next to that page, It gives me a blank editing window, with no tools, and I can't seem to be able to type into it. Am I doing it wrong or do I need the agreement of the original poster to add to the page?
Julian Swindell
BayCruiser 20 Daisy Grace
http://jegsboat.wordpress.com/
Guillemot building blog
https://jegsguillemot.wordpress.com/

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 01 Dec 2012, 20:48 »
Julian,

Sorry, I inadvertently broke the library editing last night when making a change. I have now fixed this and you should find you can edit the library pages again.
Jonathan

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #22 on: 02 Dec 2012, 20:50 »
i successfully added Vagabond to the register and subsequently edited the entry. All without a hitch, so your wizardry worked!
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 02 Dec 2012, 23:13 »
Excellent, thanks for letting me know.
Jonathan

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 19 Jan 2013, 17:02 »
I have updated the Library so that the pages are now arranged in groups. This is to make the Library more manageable given that there are now quite a few pages.

This means that when a Library page is created it must be assigned to a "category" otherwise the page won't appear in the Library. I have updated the "Contributing to the Library" page, but here is the relevant information:

All Library pages are group by “category” and every page must as assigned to a category otherwise it won’t appear in the Library. To the right of the editing box there is a section called “Categories”. Click the category name that is most appropriate for your page. The page will be shown on the Library page under every category to which it is assigned, but normally a page should only be assigned to one category.
Jonathan

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 19 Jan 2013, 20:09 »
Good job!
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #26 on: 09 Apr 2013, 09:13 »
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the instructions on how to upload to the Gallery. The snag is that when I click on the "Gallery" tab, the only item shown on the drop down menu is "using the gallery", even though I am logged on as member of the association.

Any ideas about this?

Rob J
Rob J

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 09 Apr 2013, 09:58 »
Rob,

I will have a look in to this. I might have to reset your password as part of investigating this so is that OK with you? I will of course let you know what the new password is!

Jonathan
Jonathan

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #28 on: 10 Apr 2013, 10:10 »
Hi Jonathan,

That's fine. In your own time, as they say.... and thanks

By the way, I hope you have warmed up after your "overnighter" I slept in Vagabond on Friday night and had to go for a walk at about 3 in the morning to warm up!

Rob J
Rob J

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 10 Apr 2013, 13:05 »
I recommend this sleeping bag, which was specifically designed for round-the-worlders, for keeping warm on board at this time of the year http://www.gaussltd.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1&zenid=e54ecc6429fd61641bfbe8f158418c58  I see that it's about £20 cheaper than when I bought mine two years ago.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III