Author Topic: RAID England 2014  (Read 22818 times)

Julian Swindell

Re: RAID England 2014
« Reply #45 on: 06 Sep 2014, 20:07 »
I had a wonderful time at the English Raid. Fantastic sailing, organisation and even weather. Plus, how shall I say, an interesting "crew" for much of the time. Having arrived the Friday before, we also sailed out amongst the Tall Ships, which was a thrilling and unexpected bonus. Not many photos, but Cavatina looked wonderful, as did the Tall ships
Julian Swindell
BayCruiser 20 Daisy Grace
http://jegsboat.wordpress.com/
Guillemot building blog
https://jegsguillemot.wordpress.com/

Michael Rogers

Re: RAID England 2014
« Reply #46 on: 07 Sep 2014, 17:04 »
Julian, for Cavatina to be bracketed together, in the same sentence, with assorted tall ships as 'beautiful' is a compliment which has me purring (ever so quietly). But I agree, the Raid was a great experience, and organised with exactly the right balance between informality and efficiency.

Can I point out to Swallow Boaters at the raid with cameras, and others, that the Raid England website also has a Gallery facility and would be very glad of your pictures. This will presumably include pics from non-Swallow Boaters, which will be worth a peek. We were in fairly illustrious company: Peter Chesworth, one of the organisers, is one of Water Craft's regular marine photographers; Andrew Wolstenholme (designer of the two Kite pocket cruisers, both of which were on the Raid and outrageously fast) was busy with his camera; and David Somebody (apologies to him that I didn't register his surname) from Practical Boat Owner was there for two days, and snapping away. I think that accounts of the Raid will appear in due course in Water Craft and PBO.

It was all terrific fun. Note for Tony - if you don't already know it, look for St Austell Brewery's 'Proper Job' - a super brew.

Michael