Author Topic: Southwest Passage Plans  (Read 4562 times)

RB

Southwest Passage Plans
« on: 17 Aug 2023, 21:24 »
Amanda and I are the happy owners of BC23 number 23, which we have had from new for over 9 years now. Perhaps the most novel feature of her is that she has a symmetric spinnaker. (In the Solent you tend to go either upwind or directly downwind on most passages).
I thought I would bring "Southwest Passage Plans" to your attention. It covers the coastline between Christchurch and the Isles of Scilly. It is my second book (the first was "Cruising Galicia" that I wrote with Carlos Rojas). I should hasten to say that all profits go to the 2nd Cowes (St Mary's) Sea Scout Group. There is no commercial gain for me.
If you are looking for new anchorages along this coastline, find you are thumbing through pages of your existing pilot book when deep into a pilotage exercise or want more help with the planning stage of a passage or cruise, then I would like to think you have come to the right place.
The attachment provides details of the book and how to get hold of it. Copies will also be available on Swallow Yachts Stand at the Southampton Boat Show.

MarkDarley

Re: Southwest Passage Plans
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2023, 21:31 »
As I am unable to get to the Southampton Boat show, and an west of the marinas mentioned, I am happy to know that I can order a copy via email/ mail, which I have done. Looking forward to receiving it.
Mark
“Pippin” and “Foxwhelp”
Mark Darley,
Wooden Swallow Bayraider 20 "Pippin" and Baycruiser 23, “Foxwhelp” in UK
GRP Swallow Bayraider 20 "Kelpie" in Northern California. Yes, I am a bit of a Swallow believer!