Author Topic: Bayraider 20 No. 12 'Psalter' (2008). Sadly for Sale...NOW SOLD...  (Read 3460 times)

Andy Dingle

Bayraider 20 Wood Epoxy No.12 (2008) For Sale.

My beautiful Wood Epoxy Bayraider 20 is very reluctantly being offered for sale to discerning potential owners. The impending arrival of my Baycruiser 23 is forcing this sale as I need the space.

She is very unique in that she is only one of two Bayraiders ever built with the stunning mahogany strip decking. She has an Oxford Blue hull with Ivory interior and undersides.

'Psalter' is a well known and proven fast Bayraider. She is offered with an asymmetric spinnaker (black) and a flying jib on a retractable oak bowsprit. Wooden mast and Carbon Fibre Gaff spar and Mizzen mast. Blue sprayhood. Whale oyster pump to sump. One pair of 9 feet oars with rowlocks and rowing bench.
Bramber trailer (unbraked) with new 2014 tyres, including a spare. Lighting board on retractable arms. There is a full on-trailer cover (blue) for her. (Not a mooring cover).

A Garmin 550s chart plotter/sounder with a 20 aph battery and a Tohatsu 5hp four stroke outboard engine with 20 litre fuel tank are offered with the boat but both are for sale by separate negotiation.

I have sailed 'Psalter' extensively during the 6 years I have owned her. She is an absolute delight to sail, offering fast and competitive sailing or gentle cruising as the mood suits. Proven safe in winds even above her RCD cat C rating.
Being wood epoxy she is lighter and more responsive than her GRP sisters and her lighter build negates the requirement for a braked trailer with all it's associated costs and maintenance issues. She is very easily towed behind any family car.

She is in good condition and has been well maintained, but as she has had plenty of use there is some cosmetic paint touching up that is required. She still has the original Dolphin sails that although are perfectly serviceable and undamaged, a potential owner may later like to consider new Hyde sails. She has been priced to reflect these points.

Any test sail is very welcome (suggest Rutland Water for it's location and convenience), in fact, even if you do not want to buy her, come for a sail anyway, you'll just love her!

After you have read all this, the crucial bit is that she is very sensibly priced at offers in the region of £11,950.

I can be contacted on 01507 466050, 07894 669680 or ketchpsalter at gmail.com for further details, questions and photographs.

Please form an orderly queue!

Andy Dingle

Andy Dingle

Re: Bayraider 20 No. 12 'Psalter' (2008). Sadly for Sale.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2014, 20:02 »

'Psalter' my lovely Bayraider 20 is now sold.

I wish the new owner as much pleasure, fun and excitement that I have had with her over the past 6 years.

I know you all will help out the new owner through the medium of the forum should he have any queries, and we all hope to see her at future events..

Regards

Andy

Baycruiser23 No. 25 'Equinox'