Author Topic: Weymouth Rally 2015  (Read 8818 times)

David Hudson

Re: Weymouth Rally 2015
« Reply #15 on: 08 Apr 2015, 20:16 »
I hope to be on the south coast in the early part of that week. Subject to the flood, when I will be taking on cuties two by two, I will be there.

Any information on how and where and costs would be appreciated. I have not been to Weymouth befote.
David H.
BRe No. 35
“Amy Eleanor” (and the dangerous brothers)

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #16 on: 08 Apr 2015, 20:33 »
Spoke to the people at the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy and they sent me the following info.

The cost will be £24.20 day membership, per boat per day + £4.70 harbour fees per day (although a weekly harbour fee of £12.60 will be cheaper). If you would like to moor the boats on our pontoons overnight, the total charge per boat will be 3 x day memberships + harbour fees. Whereas if you will be mooring in Portland Marina, the cost will be 2 x day membership (1 x day to launch, 1 x day to recover).

Plan

I will plan to leave the boat on it's trailer on the Friday 17th within the academy secure area. Access code for the gates will be given to me for arriving after hours. Cost for Friday nothing.
Slip the boat and have a days sailing on the Saturday, charges £24.20 plus £4.70, leave the boat on one of their pontoons.
Sail Sunday morning until mid afternoon, slip the boat out and travel back, cost £24.20 plus £4.70.

Other options are to leave the boat in the marina (separate arrangements needed with marina) although you still pay the academy for days membership (includes slip fee) for the day you put the boat in and for the day you slip the boat out.

Saturday night drink and meal will be organised if enough people interested

Peter

Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

David Hudson

« Reply #17 on: 09 Apr 2015, 06:41 »
Having made an extensive search for dog; that's you Rustie; friendly accommodation, I have discovered that Weymouth landladies don't like dogs .

I thought I should post my withdrawal to ensure the Fleet strength is not overstated.

"Sorry pards and left hand down a bit"
David

David H.
BRe No. 35
“Amy Eleanor” (and the dangerous brothers)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 30 Apr 2015, 23:20 »
Contrary to what I previously said, I can now make the 17th to 19th July so will be joining Peter. Is anyone else able to make this? Also, will anyone be there on Friday 17th? I'm hoping to sail that day as well as at the weekend. I'll also add this rally to the events calendar.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"