Swallow Yachts Forum > Home Builders' Area

It's very quiet

<< < (2/3) > >>

Anthony Huggett:
I happened to speak to Matt the other day and he confirmed that they had stopped kits due to lack of interest during the recession.

A great shame, but understandable with a healthy order book for new complete boats.

Michael Rogers:
I still think/hope that Swallow Boats can come to a mutually acceptable arrangement with someone like Jordan Boats so that at least some of these designs can continue to be built and sailed.

Anthony Huggett:
I agree!

Building Emily (BR17) has taken me 4 years and 4 months, but has been hugely satisfying. She is to be launched in 9 days' time  :).

One thing that I would add, is that I would only recommend home building if you want the experience of building a boat. I don't think the money saved would have been worth the time, blood and sweat (and the recurring dream where I launch and all the panels float apart).

Michael Rogers:
WELL DONE, THAT MAN!!
Keep us posted re the launch, Anthony - if poss with pictures. Everyone hopes it goes well.
I'm sure West System (or wherever your epoxy allegiances lie) would NOT approve of your recurring dream!!

Michael Rogers:
WELL DONE, THAT MAN!!
Keep us posted re the launch, Anthony - if poss with pictures. Everyone hopes it goes well.
I'm sure West System (or wherever your epoxy allegiances lie) would NOT approve of your recurring dream!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version