Author Topic: For sale: Storm Petrel 14’  (Read 2512 times)

Jeremiah

For sale: Storm Petrel 14’
« on: 16 Sep 2016, 08:39 »
Cadenza, built by my uncle, Mike Rogers (over the winter 2003-04), and customised to his requirements with a junk rig and other mods. Generously passed on to me and loved, but sadly under-used. With deep regret, I’ve concluded that I can’t give her the time she needs and I shall have to get a boat with less personality, but lower maintenance too.

For photos of her in action with her rig go to the post, "General Discussion / Cadenza's (relatively) new dress « by Michael Rogers on November 08, 2010, 12:16:37 »" (http://www.swallowyachtsassociation.org/smf/index.php/topic,365.msg1716.html#msg1716)—if you're interested, search the forums for ‘Cadenza’ and look for other posts by Mike, they'll give you an idea of how her rig and other mods he made developed.

She’s kept under a tarpaulin with a ridge pole, to keep her dry. She’s on the road trailer Mike got new for her when he’d finished her. I have renewed most of her cordage this summer.

She has the push-pull tiller arrangement, a built-in bilge pump and a custom-built fender around her gunwale. The mast is carbon fibre and very light. I found the junk rig fiddly at first, but soon got used to working with it, and as Mike says in his post, reefing is a doddle (important with a lively, slightly tender, singlehander). Sorry, but the original rig was not passed on to me. You can, however, have all the original kit instructions, with his notes, that he gave me with her.

I’d be willing to enter a discussion as to price, because I really have no guidance, having never seen one for sale, nor been able to find one on the web. Sensible offers will be entertained. She's in the front garden where I live in Southport (on the old Lancashire coast, between Liverpool & Preston). Email < j p l e f f l e r @ u w c l u b . n e t > or try my mobile 0 7 9 1 3 9 5 4 3 3 7 if interested (delete spaces- put in to evade address-harvesting bots).