Author Topic: Morbihan Week 2017  (Read 3672 times)

Anthony Huggett

Morbihan Week 2017
« on: 26 Oct 2016, 21:45 »
Morbihan Week is Monday 22 to Sunday 28 May 2017. Myf and I just signed up in Emily.
BR17 No. 3 "Fleur d'Orient" (formerly Tripos) is also registered. Is anyone else interested?

Peter Cockerton

Re: Morbihan Week 2017
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2016, 17:14 »
Anthony

Myself and Andy D have managed to attend in 2013 and 2015 but i can't make it next year I'm afraid. If you haven't been before you it's well worth the effort in getting there, talking about that wait until the official site posts a discount offer on the ferry crossing, often around the 20% mark. Your flotilla will no doubt be based at Lamor Barden, nice little place with a few shops, a bar and cafe. Access to the slip is straight forward but very busy if you arrive on the day of the opening procession (best arrive a few days before). The slip does close for the duration of the festival so you won't be able to get the boat out early from this slip if you need to. Many other places to get out if you need to, including a very wide one in the port of Vannes.

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Anthony Huggett

« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2016, 22:20 »
Actually I'm not sure of the registrations for next year at all! The website still says 2015 in quite a few places. There are quite a few BRs in fleet 3.

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2016, 14:23 »
Anthony

This lady will help with your registration confirmation if you drop her an email.

annemorice@semainedugolfe.com

I have found 2014 emails dated around late September for the 2015 event, this is when the admin starts to wind up.
I have looked at the 2017 site and as usual some of the pages are the previous event including the registered boats, this will all change early next year, however they do keep a database of previous entrants including your own personal area for keeping your boat details.
PM me if i can help in any other bits of info you may want.

Peter Cockerton
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Robin

« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2016, 20:14 »
I have entered - it took a little while to hear back but got there in the end. Apologies to Swallow Boats for using a stock picture of the BRe as I didn't have one of my own! Thanks for tip re discounted ferry fare.
Robin
BRe Cerys

stef

« Reply #5 on: 09 Nov 2016, 09:33 »
Hi,
8 Bayraider registered today for SDG 2017,  Welcome in France for a wonderful navigation in our Gulf of Morbihan.
I 'll meet the french Swallow yachts distributor during the Nautic of Paris in december, I will ask him to contact french owners.

Stef (Gwel Ar Mor  BR  n°53)
Stef
BR 20  n° 53 "GWEL AR MOR"

stef

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jun 2017, 15:06 »
Hello, here are some pictures of the week of the Gulf 2017.
Many wonderful memories and greetings to Muddy waters. (The Bono)
Stef
BR 20  n° 53 "GWEL AR MOR"