Author Topic: Potential owners looking for a test sail at Mylor  (Read 2685 times)

MarkDarley

Swallow Owners,
I am seriously considering trading my Memory 19 for a more spirited Bayraider. My wife and I are planning on coming down to Mylor from Dartmouth to get a better sense of the Swallows.
Any chance of a ride on a Bayraider on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning? We would be grateful.

Brief bio; I am 61, grew up in Lymington sailing dinghies and then yachts. I was a pro sailor for 7 years and moved to the US. Suzanne and I live in California for half the year, Totnes the other half. I have a Salterns Tela and 18ft skiff in California and the Memory 19 in Totnes. We have concluded that the Memory is tough to use as a trailer sailor due to the weight of the mast which requires a crane to step. Also would like to Raid a boat.

Let us know if a ride becomes available, or even just a 45 minute visit aboard.
Mark

Mark Darley,
Wooden Swallow Bayraider 20 "Pippin" and Baycruiser 23, “Foxwhelp” in UK
GRP Swallow Bayraider 20 "Kelpie" in Northern California. Yes, I am a bit of a Swallow believer!

david

Re: Potential owners looking for a test sail at Mylor
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2017, 15:30 »
I have a Bay raider in San Diego .
David

Ex - BR 20 - Nomad

Lara

Re: Potential owners looking for a test sail at Mylor
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2017, 15:26 »
Hello Mark

If you can email me lara@swallowyachts.com I can pass your email address to some of the owners who will be sailing BayRaider 20's at the Raid and put you in touch to arrange a sail.

Looking forward to meeting you!