Author Topic: English Raid 2018 location and dates?  (Read 2886 times)

MarkDarley

English Raid 2018 location and dates?
« on: 22 Nov 2017, 23:08 »
I am hoping that the English Raid may be in the Southwest for 2018. Any one have any info?
Mark Darley,
Wooden Swallow Bayraider 20 "Pippin" and Baycruiser 23, “Foxwhelp” in UK
GRP Swallow Bayraider 20 "Kelpie" in Northern California. Yes, I am a bit of a Swallow believer!

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Re: English Raid 2018 location and dates?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2017, 20:36 »
Mark,

Nothing so far.  They prefer locations that can act as a central base, like the Swallow raid out of Mylor.  This year it was the Mountbatten Centre, Plymouth, last year it was in the Clyde, Scotland.  Milford Haven, Mylor and Plymouth (again) were all discussed but no decision taken.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Geoff Probert

Re: English Raid 2018 location and dates?
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2018, 19:21 »
I sent this note to those on my "Raiders" list yesterday and thought that it might be of interest here.
Geoff

Dear Raid England Sailors,
I regret that I have been unable to organise a Raid for 2018, as some of you will already have guessed.
Too many pressures on my time (my daughter's wedding last year, a series of ski trips and a lot of Med Classics events this year) together with taking "Molly" to Venice and Douarnenez have meant that I haven't been able to devote enough time to Raid England affairs.

I do hope that we can have another Raid in 2019.  If you have any idea for locations then please let me know.  If you are willing to help organise it then please let me know even sooner !

Best wishes to all
Geoff