Author Topic: BC23 Cockpit cover options  (Read 3180 times)

John Carney

BC23 Cockpit cover options
« on: 06 Jun 2018, 14:24 »
I see David Hall has posted on one solution in this space but I think it's potentially a very  important topic this one to entice crew aboard (particularly my wife) who are against very little headroom scenarios or using the portapotti in the cockpit in full view of the other marina berth holders, I can't understand what all the fuss is about myself but hey ho

So, Can anyone comment please on any of the following options particularly if you have tried them

1. Cjmarine pucker version £1600 but incompatible with current sprayhood SY provides
2. The rather more flimsy £500  version http://www.habitent.com/gallery/ Search under S, see Davids post for more details
3. DIY - my chosen solution but life has just got in the way of doing anything for this season
4. An old tarpualin thrown over the boom!

Thanks in anticipation John  Cara BC23#18

charliea

John Carney

Re: BC23 Cockpit cover options
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2018, 23:25 »
Em...Thanks, not sure the auxiliaries you suggest we will quite provide the pull that I need but thanks for your suggestions  ;)

I would still be pleased to hear from BC23 owners who have tackled the issue with something more substantial along the lines of my suggestions.

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2018, 21:13 »
I'm in the process of having a framed cockpit tent made for Riff Raff by a company in Poole. Ian Mockford is the guinea pig and his will be fitted in mid June. If successful mine will follow in time for the raid. Tbe top of the tent will match the top of the spray hood.
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

John Carney

« Reply #4 on: 08 Jun 2018, 22:23 »
Ah that's interesting to know Rob, have you done much research / thinking to get to this stage. I visited cjmarine in the week and they look to make a very well made cockpit enclosure but it's expensive and you have to buy the sprayhood too I guess which would be annoying as we have already one!, they sent me some photos if you are interested.

Nick Orchard

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2018, 09:51 »
Seen on a recent trip to Brittany - guaranteed to keep the seagulls out, but I'd be interested to know how it folds up! (Yes it really is corrugated iron).
Nick Orchard
BC26 008 Luminos II - Torquay