Author Topic: Rental options of bayraider expedition  (Read 4070 times)

Ohad

Rental options of bayraider expedition
« on: 19 Sep 2019, 07:41 »
Hello all.
I am very intersted in the bayraider expedition and maybe the baycruiser 20. Since I live in Israel I don't have an opportunity to test sail or to see the boats.
My wife and I plan to come to the UK in the summer and we are looking to rent a BR exp. or maybe a BC 20.
Do you know somewhere or someone whom we can rent from.
Thanks a lot
ohad
P.S
I really like the site and enjoy the information and comradery of the people. who write in this forum. Thank you

Sea Simon

Re: Rental options of bayraider expedition
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2019, 12:09 »
Sorry, can't suggest anything regarding a rental, but....

And I know Israel is not Egypt, but it's certainly closer than UK....

Have a look at Swallow Yachts brokerage page
http://swallowyachts.com/used/

Where this boat appears to have been for sale for several years? £35000.
Nothing at all to do with me.

Swallow BayCruiser 23 (2011) Samara
Options include: Copper antifouling, compass, portapotti, boombag and lazyjacks, electric bilge pump, shore power supply, outboard engine, Garmin transducer, cabin lighting, custom designed bimini top.  This boat is lying in Egypt, and we are pleased to put you in touch with the owner who can answer queries.
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Ohad

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2019, 13:40 »
Sorry, can't suggest anything regarding a rental, but....

And I know Israel is not Egypt, but it's certainly closer than UK....

Have a look at Swallow Yachts brokerage page
http://swallowyachts.com/used/

Where this boat appears to have been for sale for several years? £35000.
Nothing at all to do with me.

Swallow BayCruiser 23 (2011) Samara
Options include: Copper antifouling, compass, portapotti, boombag and lazyjacks, electric bilge pump, shore power supply, outboard engine, Garmin transducer, cabin lighting, custom designed bimini top.  This boat is lying in Egypt, and we are pleased to put you in touch with the owner who can answer queries.
Thanks a lot Simon

Sea Simon

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2019, 08:45 »
If that Egyptian boat was to be kept in Israel, I guess the white hull and bimini top would really be useful?
Not so much value here, even in sunny Cornwall?...yet, what with climate change!
It would certainly help cabin temperatures.
I don't recall seeing another boat quite like it here, where colours seem to be predominantly dark ones.

Let us know how you get on!
Whereabouts do you plan to sail? Aqaba or medi maybe?
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Ohad

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2019, 05:20 »
Thank you Simon.
I sail in the Med. I have a dinghy, an inflatable catamaran and a hobie 16, but I also sail a lot in Greece. The idea was to buy a bayraider expedition and keep it in Greece.
I plan to be in the UK in the summer. That's where I tried to rent a BC exp. So far I only found Shrimpers and Drascombes to rent, apart from the regular yachts. Regretfully (for me) the demonstration boat that was in Cardigan was also sold. I hope to find some boat to try. I plan to sail in Mylor for a few days (where I can rent a Shrimper) and then rent another small yacht in Ireland south west coast.
Cheers
ohad

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2019, 10:29 »
Ohad,

I've never seen other than Shrimpers and Drascombes for hire.  One possibility might be to attend one of the Swallow events next summer - someone would be bound to let you have a go.

If you're in the Med and unless you're very athletic, you'll be needing a boarding ladder of some sort.  Not much need for it in the UK.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Ohad

« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2019, 21:25 »
Thank you Grham.
I'll wait and see. And of course you are right about the boarding ladder.

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2019, 09:43 »
There’s a library article about BR boarding ladders here https://www.swallowyachtsassociation.org/?page_id=626.  Unfortunately, my boat has been confined to the UK for the past few years but it used to go to the Ionian regularly, where it was the perfect small boat for sailing, snorkelling and fishing expeditions and for providing a taverna shuttle service for the family.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Dubreuil

« Reply #8 on: 12 Oct 2019, 13:11 »
Have you ever rented your boat out for such services in the past, Graham?