Author Topic: Possible trial sail in a Bay Cruiser 23  (Read 2196 times)

Patrick Coates

Possible trial sail in a Bay Cruiser 23
« on: 15 Oct 2019, 14:10 »
Planning to downsize from a family sized yacht, I was very impressed with the Bay Cruiser 23 as exhibited at the Southampton Boat Show.

West Wales is a long way from my home near Winchester so Lara from SY suggested I post a request asking for a generous south coast owner to show me over their BC 23 and possibly go for a short demo sail.

Yours hopefully.                Patrick Coates

Al Beckhelling

Re: Possible trial sail in a Bay Cruiser 23
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2019, 18:40 »
Hi Patrick. Apols for not replying before now, but to be honest, not viewed the forum for ages (not the best at that sort of thing).
You've probably got yourself sorted by now but just in case, i may be able to help.
My wife & I own a BC23, which we keep at Calshot, Southhampton. I would be more than happy to go for a sail with you sometime but aware the weather clock is rapidly running down. Also, we have the boat on our drive at home just now, in preparation for an Xmas visit to Dartmouth (weather permitting). That will lead us into the New Year & most likely look at spring time before sailing again. Having said that, don't intend wrapping her up till end of Jan so should a window of opportunity arise between Xmas & Jan 31st (ish) then maybe we could do the unthinkable, & go sailing.
Happy to talk about the 23 if wish.
Best Rgds,  Al