Author Topic: "Like" Buttons  (Read 2415 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
"Like" Buttons
« on: 21 Jul 2020, 22:59 »
Hi,

I've been tinkering with this site, primarily trying (and failing) to make it more usable on mobile devices. I did manage to add a Swallow icon to the tab in your browser and while that adds no value I think it looks nice. I did also find new functionality to allow members to "Like" posts. I have turned this on because I think it's potentially useful and postive to be able to like / appreciate someone's post without always having to create a post saying "I agree", etc. If this feature isn't used or liked (pun intended) then I'll turn it off, but please see what you think and let me have your feedback.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Re: "Like" Buttons
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2020, 09:41 »
Is there an unlike button? ::)
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2020, 10:09 »
Hi Graham,

Not with the Like feature I added - you can only "Like" something but can later retract that Like.

There is another feature we could use that is similar. I have also enabled that and it can be seen to the left of each post. That allows you to vote to Like / Agree or Dislike / Disagree with a post. The words (Like / Agree and Dislike / Disagree) are mine and can be changed.

I will leave them both turned on for now and see whether people want to use either of these.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

BobT

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2020, 08:33 »
Not a fan of this as the button is a rather bold red box that takes the eye off the main body of text.
Bob
BRe "Escape"