Author Topic: Cockpit tent for BC23  (Read 8141 times)

Martijn

Re: Cockpit tent for BC23
« Reply #15 on: 04 Dec 2020, 12:08 »
And some more from inside
BC23 #54 "Riff Raff"

Baycruiser23

« Reply #16 on: 21 Dec 2020, 17:43 »
Martijn - so sorry for delay in response and many thanks for photos -excellent information which I certainly will pass on! Design looks excellent!

Baycruiser23

« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2021, 18:41 »
Martijn thank you for all help - Sanders Sails in Lymington have done a great job and we are now fully kitted out ready for our damp climate. It is remarkable how much extra space and warmth the cockpit tent gives you and Sanders Sails have been excellent in the fitting and quality of their work.
With the current weather it is certainly going to extend our season!!

Martin Bevan

« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2021, 10:21 »
Any chance of some photographs of your finished item?  I am in the process of having something similar made by Sail and Cover at Wolverstone, Ipswich.

Are you able to split the frame into pieces that will fiy in a cockpit locker or is it stowed on deck?
Martin - BC23 #65

Baycruiser23

« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2021, 21:50 »
Yes we have the spilt into four sections on each arch which is fine for storing in the bow but means that they are about 4cm too long to fit into the lockers. As we also have to store the canvas this is not an issue for everything to go into a sail bag at the front. For construction we followed Martijn’s photos and good target to go for is to have the fully assembled frames to be able to fold down over the stern.... this is over the solar panels but for short day sails etc not a problem. The other mod was to have Velcro added under the roof panel so that the side panels can be folded back and secured which is great. So with our version you can fold up the back panel, remove or 1/2 fold the side panels so plenty of options.

Martijn

« Reply #20 on: 27 May 2021, 07:52 »
Very Nice.
Looks very similar to mine indeed. Yours must be slightly higher, as the poles of my version just fits into the lockers.
Love the Velcro idea!
BC23 #54 "Riff Raff"