Author Topic: Wanted: sails to suit BayCruiser 23 BC23  (Read 1791 times)

Paul Beardsell

Wanted: sails to suit BayCruiser 23 BC23
« on: 07 May 2021, 11:23 »
My new (6 years old) BC23 has the "performance" rig if that's relevant. Both jib and main need repair. I think the main is salvageable for another season, but very likely the jib is not. Either way, repaired or new, there will be a delay before I'm on the water again. Trying to reduce that I wondered if anyone had a set of sails to suit. Either good as new, which would be great, I won't need to buy a new set; or serviceable old good enough for a few weeks. Either way I might avoid interrupting my sailing. £s ready and waiting.

Peter Cockerton

Re: Wanted: sails to suit BayCruiser 23 BC23
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2021, 09:19 »
The lead time from Hyde when I needed to replace my Tufnell’s courier lost jib was around 16 weeks, Jeckells provided a superb service and turnaround time of two weeks and I can personally recommend the quality of the product. They have a sail loft near Norwich unlike Hyde whose sail loft is in the Philippines I believe.

Hope this helps to get you back on the water ASAP.

Peter C
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

Sea Simon

Re: Wanted: sails to suit BayCruiser 23 BC23
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2021, 09:45 »
My local sailmaker made my replacement jib much faster and cheaper than a Hyde sail. I believe he's done a much better job too?
Hans Wehmeyer, t/a Sailmakers of Polruan.

Also, and importantly, giving local business means he'll be here to help me when needed in a hurry.

Shortages/long delays still seem to be very widespread. Boating stuff as well as others.
My sprayhood was ordered, via Swallow, well before Christmas and finally arrived  in April (not Hyde).
I've been waiting 3 months for some "recycled" railway sleepers for a garden wall; there's no cement to be had at all....
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.