Author Topic: BayCruiser 20 for sale - SOLD  (Read 3120 times)

forthsailing

BayCruiser 20 for sale - SOLD
« on: 04 Jun 2021, 09:35 »
I am now selling my BayCruiser 20 and this is a rare opportunity to get one.  There were not that many built.

I am now sailing on a river estuary and have decided to downsize to a day-sailer after 5 years with Cory Louise.  I no longer have need of a cabin.

Anybody following the Swallow Yachts range will know that the BayCruiser 20 is a proper cabin cruiser with lovely traditional lines.  She is build number 3 in 2010 and was a higher spec build with TackTic wireless instruments, LED nav lights, shore and solar power, copper  coating and fully laid decks.  She was completely refurbished by Swallow Yachts in 2016 when I bought her, because the previous owner had rather neglected her.  The price (at £23,000 - a relative bargain) reflects the host of extras. Very good condition with a nearly new 6HP engine.  Built in wood/epoxy and with water ballast, she is light and easy to trail/sail and she comes with the original bespoke un-braked trailer from which she can be quickly and easily launched and recovered.

If looking at the Swallow Yacht's site for the BayCruiser 20 and checking the gallery, a number of the pictures there are of Cory Louise.  Notably the internal pictures and the foredeck with the wooden laid decking.  Also the video - "BC20 Cardigan Bay" has static pictures of the internals and the laid decking which are all of Cory Louise.

I have cared for her and kept her in lovely condition, getting the sails and engine professionally serviced every winter and under covers during the winter.  The paintwork is polished to a fine shine and the wood trim is kept treated every year.

If interested contact me for a full spec, inventory and pictures or to view. 
Email via this site.

Viewing/test sail can be at any reasonable time, depending on tide and weather.

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Re: BayCruiser 20 for sale
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2021, 14:48 »
Completely restored by Swallow Yachts in 2006

2016?
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

forthsailing

« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2021, 17:46 »
You're right.  It is 2016 - now corrected

Ant

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2021, 20:42 »
Hi I tried to email you but couldn't get through to that address - is the boat still for sale by any chance :) ??

Tina

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2021, 21:45 »
Hi there I've sent you an email about a visit to Woodbridge

thanks

RME877

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2021, 11:23 »
Is the BC20 still for sale and if so can you send me some more information including the price please?

forthsailing

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2021, 18:24 »
If you are looking for a BayCruiser 20 you will know that as a bespoke build from Swallow Yachts there are not many of them about. You will also know that it is a proper little cruiser with a cabin that sleeps three and has excellent sitting headroom.  It has a deep cockpit so there is no need to sit out on the side at any point of sail, unlike the BayRaider Expedition.  Built of wood/epoxy  and with water ballast she is very light and can be easily trailed and launched/recovered with a fairly standard family car.  With shallow draft, drop keel and lifting rudder she can also be sailed in shallower waters if required and dry out on a drying mooring if required.  (For further details of the design concept see the Swallow Yachts web site if you haven’t already: https://swallowyachts.com/bespoke/bay-cruiser-20/ )