Author Topic: electric motor for BC26  (Read 1903 times)

Wolfgang

electric motor for BC26
« on: 16 Jul 2021, 12:12 »
I have been dreaming of sailing a BC26 in the waters around the southern Peloponnese where I am planning to move to in my retirement. I really like the concept of the boat but have been wondering about the likelihood of an electric motor option becoming available soon. I saw the topic was discussed here in 2019, is there an update or are there recent developments?

Nick Orchard

Re: electric motor for BC26
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2021, 20:41 »
Yes it can be done! I haven’t seen it yet but I believe that BC26 001 Muddy Waters is now all electric, both propulsion and cooking. You’ll need to contact Basil Papadimitriou for more details.
Nick Orchard
BC26 008 Luminos II - Torquay

Wolfgang

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2021, 06:39 »
Thank you Nick Orchard for useful information. Perhaps if the technology has evolved Swallow Yachts might offer an electric option in the future? Meanwhile I will try and get in touch with Basil Papadimitriou about the refit option. Can I contact him through the Forum?

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2021, 20:12 »
Yes, you can message him by going logging in, going to the members list at the top, finding Basil and then sending him a message.  If the link works he should get your message in his email.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III