Author Topic: BR or BRE Owners in the US  (Read 1910 times)

MiamiBB

BR or BRE Owners in the US
« on: 17 Oct 2021, 21:13 »
Hi, I am considering buying a BRE and would love to speak with anyone who loves their boat and are in the US. I am in Miami, Florida. Please let me know. Thank you. Ted

emf

Re: BR or BRE Owners in the US
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2021, 14:21 »
I just received a BRe and have had her out 3 times.  So far, so good - sails well, rigs easily, trailers well.  Love the large cockpit, we had 5 of us onboard yesterday with plenty of room.  Easy to tweak the mizzen for a neutral helm.  Haven't used the water ballast or been in stronger winds yet, and that probably won't happen until the spring, we've had a warm fall but it's changing fast.

I am in Vermont, however, so quite a ways from Florida, but I can talk to you about the ordering and delivery process if you'd like.

Eric
BRe #101

MiamiBB

Re: BR or BRE Owners in the US
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2021, 19:45 »
Thank you for your prompt reply Eric. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.  I am on ET. I sail on Biscayne Bay and it can be calm or blustery, so I am interested to see how a BR/BRE holds up in a blow. Also interested to see how you find the stepping and de-stepping the mast, easy or difficult. My phone is 949-836-8812. Thanks again. Ted