Author Topic: Wanted BRE mooring cover  (Read 1656 times)

Anyone can uk

Wanted BRE mooring cover
« on: 24 Nov 2021, 07:29 »
We’re looking for an on-water mooring cover for a BRE if anyone has one they would like to sell.

Cheers

Chris @ AnyoneCan   

Sea Simon

Re: Wanted BRE mooring cover
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2021, 08:41 »
Not for sale, but a recommendation.

Mine came from Rain and Sun (Southampton way?) Via the yard.
Expensive (£400 ish?, And doubtless more/slower now? ) Maybe that's why you're after a used cover?
 VERY good quality.

I've just checked it over end of season, and renewed all the bungies (UV). Other than that it's pretty much as new, after 3 seasons of 6months use on a relatively exposed swing mooring.
I'll treat it with UV protectant this winter, while it's stored.

Essential on a swing mooring, imho. Keeps out rain, bird shite. Protects much wood, and allows mizzen to be stowed under (ridge pole style) so protecting that too.
I'd buy again.

One thing i find a bit odd, is the hole to allow the mainsheet to stay in place. I would normally remove my sheets, and secure the boom against "flopping" (and sheet from weather) with triangulated ropes to PnS aft cleats.
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.