Author Topic: Anyone want to sell their Kittiwake, Storm Petrel or Trouper 12?  (Read 9870 times)

David Platten

The trouble with these boats of Matt's and Nick's is that nobody ever wants to part with them ;) But if there's anyone out there about to upgrade to a BayRaider, at the precise moment I'm looking to downsize from my 350Kg lugger to something smaller, lighter, simpler... I have a bit of cash put aside, and I'm in the market. Not in a position to build from a kit, unfortunately - or pay new-build prices even though they're reasonable enough - or there wouldn't be a problem.
David Platten

Alan Burt

I have a Storm 15 built winter of 2006/07 which may be for sale.
It is a single lugsail with the vertical bow, in green & white with wooden interior.
I am asking £3,500 for the boat c/w cover & oars etc, but the 18 month old combination trailer/trolley would be an extra £350.

It is in excellent condition and has been well cared for.

If you are interested I can email some photos of it both on the trailer and sailing on the water. The boat is currently stored for the winter at my home in Rutland.

Alan Burt

gerald turner

I would be interested in your Storm 15.

I note that you only have single lugsail for it, I assume that it would not be diffulcult to retro fit normal rigg. I have considered building one with both riggs, but lack suitable build site.

Can you post pictures to >grldtnr@yahoo.com<, or on the forum website, I would intend to sail it for coastal trips on the east coast from Southend.

Gerald

David Platten

Alan - thanks for your email but my computer can't seem to find yours on the system. so I haven't been able to reply off-list. I'll bear your boat in mind, but it's a bit more than I wanted to spend, and I'm currently looking at a pretty little 14' faering down here in Cornwall. If owner won't accept my offer, I'll be back in touch!
David

Alan Burt

David - Thanks for your prompt response. No problem if you have found something else, or the price is more than you would like to spend. As I have mentioned to Gerald, a sale is conditional on my being able to purchase a replacement boat, which is currently under negotiation. That is why I mentioned it 'may be for sale'

Gerald - I have emailed some photos to your email address as requested.