Author Topic: Bay Raider 17 -20' Wanted - Buy or Lease  (Read 2557 times)

Guy

Bay Raider 17 -20' Wanted - Buy or Lease
« on: 02 Mar 2022, 09:18 »
Does anyone know of a Bay Raider 17 - 20' in good conditions that may be for sale / lease anywhere in Europe? Thanks Guy S.

Sea Simon

Re: Bay Raider 17 -20' Wanted - Buy or Lease
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2022, 15:21 »
There's a wood BR 17 on Apollo Duck... probably? £10k, Falmouth UK.
Does that count as Europe these days?

https://www.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/swallow-boats-bay-raider-17-for-sale/630473

But then, I'm still getting for sale "alerts" for Aurigacap's new junk rigger project, at least twice weekly!
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2022, 09:38 »
Does anyone know of a Bay Raider 17 - 20' in good conditions that may be for sale / lease anywhere in Europe? Thanks Guy S.

I may be wrong (again) but this post looks dodgy.  It’s been nearly two weeks with no response to Simon’s helpful suggestion.  The original post applied a curious choice of words (lease??) to an impractically large geographic area.  I sent him/her/it a message about David’s BRe being for sale - no response.  Has “Guy S” somehow slipped past the Hormel filter?

Meanwhile and in the same vein, there’s been a resumption of Russian-language spam posts to the forum, which most forum members probably don’t see before they are zapped.  Also a long term disability lawyer in Canada appears to be advertising his services.  Talk about imprecisely targeted marketing!
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Matthew P

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2022, 12:42 »
there’s been a resumption of Russian-language spam posts to the forum
Perhaps Mr Abramovich wants to down-size his boat to a BR17 Graham?  Unfortunately Tarika is not for sale.

Matthew
BR17 Tarika
"Hilda", CLC Northeast[er], home build, epoxy ply, balanced lug
Previously "Tarika", BR17, yard built, epoxy-ply, gunter rigged
and "Gladys" BR20, GRP, gunter

Sea Simon

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2022, 18:36 »

I may be wrong (again) but this post looks dodgy.  It’s been nearly two weeks with no response to Simon’s helpful suggestion.  The original post applied a curious choice of words (lease??) to an impractically large geographic area.  I sent him/her/it a message about David’s BRe being for sale - no response.  Has “Guy S” somehow slipped past the Hormel filter?

Meanwhile and in the same vein, there’s been a resumption of Russian-language spam posts to the forum, which most probably don’t see before they are zapped.  Also a long term disability lawyer in Canada appears to be advertising his services.  Talk about imprecisely targeted marketing!

I think you're right GW. We should block this chap.
BRe # 52 - "Two Sisters"  2016. Plank sprit, conventional jib. Asym spinn. Coppercoat. Honda 5. SOLD Nov 2022....
...From Oct 22.
BC 26 #1001. "Two Sisters 2", 2013. Alloy spars, Bermudan Sloop; fixed twin spade rudders, Beta diesel saildrive. Lift keel with lead bulb. Coppercoat. Cornwall UK.