Author Topic: Classic Drifter for sale in Ireland  (Read 5343 times)

Llafurio

Classic Drifter for sale in Ireland
« on: 15 Jul 2023, 07:30 »
Original Drascombe Drifter No. 31, in good condition, and improvable.

I am a latecomer to the Drifters. Bought No. 27 some time ago, renovated her, and adore her. My best boat now. Shallow draught triple keeler. The space, the stability, the relaxed dry sailing.
I put a BayRaider rig on her, and she sails like a witch, by Drascombe standards, singlehandedly.

Classic Drifters are a rare species, around 100 built, and in danger of becoming extinct through age and neglect. What a shame, IMO the triple keelers (Driver and Drifter) are John Watkinsons best design, and were built rock solid by Honnor Totnes. And, as far as I know, new small triple keelers are no longer being produced, anywhere.

Classic Drifters are true coastal boats, I think one was sailed up to the arctic circle. If you are on the coast, and have a mooring, tidal or not, this may be an ideal boat for you as well.

No. 31 has much equipment, working unbraked trailer, Yamaha 6, Garmin GPS cum fishfinder, with charts, tiller pilot, flushing toilet, 2-flame cooker, sink, full electrics, navlights, electric and manual bilge pumps, roller reefing, brandnew mizzen sail. Anchor, fenders, all in working order.

I will want € 7,500 for her, to a good home.

Claus

P.S.
Added photo is my own Drifter "27" with her new BayRaider gunter rig
Ex various Drascombes, ex SeaRaider (WE) #1 "Craic", ex BR20 (GRE) "Llafurio", ex BR20 (GRP) "Tipsy", currently BRE (modified for open sea passages) "Homer", Drascombe Drifter "27" and Drascombe Drifter No. 31 "Amity". Homeport: Rossdohan