Author Topic: BayRaider 20 "Little White Lie"  (Read 14279 times)

adrian phillips

BayRaider 20 "Little White Lie"
« on: 13 Dec 2010, 09:29 »
On a wild summers day in southern Tasmania another BayRaider 20 hit the water...

To say I am a very happy boat owner is an understatement...

As the wind was extremely unpredictable and strong gusts were battering the launch point, the ballast tank was filled and her maiden voyage was made under headsail and mizzen for myself and my family..

The mainsail will have to wait for another day (sounds like a good excuse to get her back in the water!).

A big thanks to all for the effort and hard work that went into her construction...

More pics to follow.....

Clem Freeman

Re: BayRaider 20 "Little White Lie"
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:05 »
Am I jealous? Too right I am. Looks lovely. I'm going to have to put off buying until the new year, but on the bright side it does mean I can have a look and meet Matt & co at the London Boat Show.

Julian Swindell

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:55 »
Summer? It's not fair. It's mid winter here. Lovely boat, you will love her.
Julian Swindell
BayCruiser 20 Daisy Grace
http://jegsboat.wordpress.com/
Guillemot building blog
https://jegsguillemot.wordpress.com/

adrian phillips

« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2010, 18:46 »

Julian Swindell

« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2010, 20:56 »
Presumably the Little White Lie was when you told your wife "Of course I haven't bought a Bayraider." I've told a few like that.
Julian Swindell
BayCruiser 20 Daisy Grace
http://jegsboat.wordpress.com/
Guillemot building blog
https://jegsguillemot.wordpress.com/

David Whyte

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2010, 01:02 »
On a wild summers day in southern Tasmania another BayRaider 20 hit the water...

Hi Adrian

Its good to see another Aussie boat on the water, hopefully we will eventually have a fleet. As these boats are still very unusal in Australia launching/retrieving them at the boat ramp can take a while as people come up and ask all about them. I am on the only one on Lake Macquarie and the boat has been noticed quite a bit

Cheers
David
"Little Ripple"
Lake Macquarie

adrian phillips

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2010, 11:56 »
Adrian,
best wishes for your future travels and cruises with your new boat.
Gee what a magnificent paint job they do at Denman, has the shine of a grand piano finish. BTW, your boat name, is that hand painted or is it a vinyl cut job?

Claus...
The paint job is perfect..  I love the full gloss black... a few eye brows were raised when the colour was picked..

All the decals are "7 year" marine vinyl.. "little white lie" is one cut..the logo is a multi layer..

Keep the feedback coming...

Adrian

Andrew Denman

« Reply #7 on: 14 Dec 2010, 20:46 »
Hi all,

Here's another couple of shots from launch day.  Boat performed really well under reduced rig.  The owners are yet to get their outboard so all docking was performed under sail which the jib/mizzen combo was perfect.

Lots of hours in the paint job Claus.............. but it does look really good.

We'll have another one on the water early January and will post some pics then.

David,

It would be lovely to have a large number of BR20's on the water in Australia and we are certainly heading that way.  We will have two of them at the Australian Wooden Boat Festival in Feb (Little white lie and El Belle) and I would hope that by the time the next fextival is on in 2013 that we could get a number of boats to come for the RAID event that leads in to the festival. It is a big festival ( 500+ boats and over 80,000 people)

Maybe some of the guys from UK/Europe could come and crew/charter a boat?  The D'Entrecasteaux Channel where the event is held is one of the top cruising grounds in Australia.

The success of the design is a credit to Matt and Swallow Boats.

regards,

Andrew

David Whyte

« Reply #8 on: 14 Dec 2010, 21:45 »

David,

I would hope that by the time the next fextival is on in 2013 that we could get a number of boats to come for the RAID event that leads in to the festival.

Andrew

I will plan on coming down for that. As its so far I will probably come to Tassie for a couple of months.  I would have a go at the raid event though I have never been in one and I would need some crew. I will keep in touch closer to the event.

David

Jon Minnebo

« Reply #9 on: 15 Dec 2010, 01:27 »
Adrian,
best wishes for your future travels and cruises with your new boat.
Gee what a magnificent paint job they do at Denman, has the shine of a grand piano finish. BTW, your boat name, is that hand painted or is it a vinyl cut job?

Hey Claus,

Thank you for your compliment on the paint job. Denman Bay Raider 20's are currently contracted out to Southern Marine Services for customised paint finishes. And yes, Andrew is right, a lot of time and effort went into the final finish. Yet the final result was well worth the effort.

Cheers,
Jon Minnebo