Author Topic: Storm 15  (Read 13138 times)

Edwin Davies 2

Storm 15
« on: 05 Feb 2011, 17:08 »
I would really like a Storm 15, well I would really like a BR17 but moving home constrains the budget. The advert for the Storm 15 on Boats and Outboards has been withdrawn. I will have to look at a Scaffie or Dabber if no S15s turn up. can anyone help?

steve jones

Re: Storm 15
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2011, 17:08 »
HELLO EDWIN,

I'M STARTING TO BUILD A BR17, HAVING ALREADY BUILT AND USED A STORM17.
I INTEND TO SELL THE S17 AT SOME STAGE BUT HAD NOT THOUGHT TO DO SO UNTIL AFTER BR17 COMPLETION. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED MAYBE IT COULD BE SOONER RATHER THAN LATER!
  YOU CAN SEE A PICTURE OF THE BOAT, TAKEN BY TONY AT LAKE BALA, AS AN EXAMPLE OF THE GUNTER RIG, THE BOAT IS BLUE AND IN THE FOREGROUND.

STEVE   JONES

Edwin Davies 2

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2011, 18:50 »
Steve, I think I have sent you a message.

steve jones

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2011, 11:25 »
Steve, I think I have sent you a message.

Edwin, sorry I did send you a reply but got your user name wrong-I'll try again.

Steve

stuart purcell

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2011, 20:05 »
I would really like a Storm 15, well I would really like a BR17 but moving home constrains the budget. The advert for the Storm 15 on Boats and Outboards has been withdrawn. I will have to look at a Scaffie or Dabber if no S15s turn up. can anyone help?

hello Edwin
 i am in same camp as you looking for a storm 15 or 17 . Any joy yet?
if you find any and decide not to proceed please let me know.
regards stuart purcell..novice sailor dreaming of a boat.

stuart purcell

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2011, 20:08 »
HELLO EDWIN,

I'M STARTING TO BUILD A BR17, HAVING ALREADY BUILT AND USED A STORM17.
I INTEND TO SELL THE S17 AT SOME STAGE BUT HAD NOT THOUGHT TO DO SO UNTIL AFTER BR17 COMPLETION. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED MAYBE IT COULD BE SOONER RATHER THAN LATER!
  YOU CAN SEE A PICTURE OF THE BOAT, TAKEN BY TONY AT LAKE BALA, AS AN EXAMPLE OF THE GUNTER RIG, THE BOAT IS BLUE AND IN THE FOREGROUND.

STEVE   JONES

hello Steve
i am a novice sailor now set on getting onto water in our home harbour Poole in these beautiful looking boats.
If Edwin or other do not proceed with purchasing your storm 17 I would be a very keen buyer.
Good luck with your build.
stuart

steve jones

« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2011, 17:03 »
Hello Stuart,
  I seem to be making a mess of getting it touch with anyone so please contact by my email:-  s.jj@live.co.uk

Cheers

Steve

Edwin Davies 2

« Reply #7 on: 04 Jun 2011, 09:57 »
The Storm 17 that was for sale now isn't! It is sitting under my carport looking very nice. I am still learning how o handle masts, sails etc before venturing on the water. Yipee.

Ed

Edwin Davies 2

« Reply #8 on: 04 Aug 2011, 11:57 »
I have had my first sail in Susan 2. Started with jib and mizzen then all up. I was pleased that after 30 years I could still move the boat in the right direction, most of the time. Ended the afternoon with some nice gusts with the gunwhale just about on the waterline. Other club members very complementary about the design. Next time I will try out the water ballast.

I was very pleased at how easy to launch and recover the swinging trailer made it, when I joined members of the club had asked how many I would need in the launching team.

Ed :)

Terry Cross

« Reply #9 on: 04 Aug 2011, 13:19 »
Edwin
I am a bit confused (which is not unusual for me)
The heading is STORM 15 which does not have a mizzen although a Storm 17 does but does not have water ballast. Have you a Bayraider 17?
Terry Cross Storm 15 "IONA"

Edwin Davies 2

« Reply #10 on: 04 Aug 2011, 18:21 »
Sorry about that, my interest in a S15 led to an S17 being offered to me. It is one that is home built with optional water ballast. I understand there is one other out there somewhere.

I had put an order in with Matt for a BR17 but moving house soaked up the finance so had to cancel.

Ed

Terry Cross

« Reply #11 on: 04 Aug 2011, 23:50 »
Edwin
I am not confused any more. Just envious!
Terry Cross