Author Topic: sail logo  (Read 10500 times)

steve jones

sail logo
« on: 26 Apr 2011, 18:12 »
Sail logo-- how about the production number preceeded by boat type, home built boats could have a zero before the kit issue .

Any interest?

Anthony Huggett

Re: sail logo
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2011, 10:30 »
Steve,

I'd certainly like some kind of official number, for the hull and the sails. It looks like BR17 could be quite a popular kit boat, to say nothing of the large number of other Swallow Boat kits out there.

Matt said that they don't issue official hull numbers with kits, which is a shame, because you may still want to compete in raids against factory boats, and will usually need some sort of number to enter. I understand that there are good reasons why Matt might want to differentiate between workshop finished and kit built boats, but surely some sort of differentiator for the kits would suffice. Moreover it's a cost-free way to increase customer satisfaction!

I think a zero is too easily confused, especially if there are electronic forms that require a fixed number of digits, a non-kit might have to enter leading zeros. I'd go for incorporating a K (for Kit) in the string somehow. Maybe BR17 K001 (for yours) and BR17 K002 (for mine).

Is there a particular font for the BR in the BayRaider brand, and could we get permission from Matt to use it on a sail logo?

Anthony