Author Topic: Retro fit Tek Dek seating  (Read 9903 times)

Colin Lawson

Retro fit Tek Dek seating
« on: 27 Jan 2012, 21:01 »
Hi, I have just purchased a used Bayraider 20 which I am very pleased with. However the seats do look a little bare compared to BayRaiders with Tek Dek seating. Has anyone tried retro fitting Tek Dek or similar alternative (preferably a little/lot cheaper)? Or are there disadvantages to Tek Dek and I should stick with what I've got? 

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Colin Lawson (Salisbury)
Colin 
BR20 'Spray' based Mylor, Falmouth

Graham W

• Global Moderator
  • Demigod
Re: Retro fit Tek Dek seating
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2012, 23:06 »
If not installed carefully, Tek Dek can get bubbles in it.  Otherwise, it is good stuff.
Graham
Gunter-rigged GRP BR20 #59 Turaco III

Peter Cockerton

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2012, 23:16 »
Colin

Tek Dek fitted on my Bayraider from purchase 18 months ago, it looks good, excellent anti slip qualities and comes up like new with a scrub. I must admit the cost is high and would have been difficult to justify if it had not been fitted when i bought her. In my opinion if you ever sell her the cost will be reimbursed on the added sale value and you will have had the benefit of non slip seating and pride in her appearance during your ownership.

Congratulations on your purchase, have fun selecting and implementing the mods of your choice and i hope you get the pleasure i get from sailing my boat and the compliments from passers by each time i take her out.

Look forward to reading your input on the forum.

Peter
Bayraider 20 mk2
Larger jib set on bowsprit with AeroLuff spar
USA rig
Carbon Fibre main boom with sail stack pack
Epropulsion Spirit Plus Outboard

andyjohn

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2012, 08:20 »
This is all very new to me and this article really opened my eyes.Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.

Louis Vuitton For Women           
Louis Vuitton Watches             
Mac Lipstick Swatches             
Abercrombie Long Sleeve

Tony

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2012, 10:50 »
Has anyone tried retro fitting Tek Dek or similar alternative (preferably a little/lot cheaper)?
Colin Lawson (Salisbury)
Can I echo this?
Tek Dek looks very fine when well fitted and is probably worth the expense - if you plan to sell the boat on at some point.
I am more interested in a functional, less glamourous,i.e. cheap, workboat-type finish. Something a little more comfortable to sit on for long periods than International Interdeck - which takes the skin off your oilies or an unprotected rear end with equal facility after a while.

Speaking of which, here is a quick but heart-felt message for "andyjohn" – or should I call you “Cjxicerain”?

If you are a sentient, carbon-based life form ( rather than some chipped  silicone  implant or other) would you like to hear some anatomically challenging ideas for what you might do with your ersatz consumer goods? 
Only too happy to oblige.
No, really.
Think nothing of it!

(Come on Johnathan. Get us out of all this - ASAP.)