Author Topic: Trouper 12 Wanted  (Read 4234 times)

Andy Dingle

Trouper 12 Wanted
« on: 22 Sep 2012, 11:38 »
Hi all..

Has anyone got a Trouper 12 they may want to sell? I fancy a small light boat I can just drag over the beach and having looked around, as always it's the Swallow Boats design that fits the bill.

Very nearly finished self build projects considered.

Cheers

Andy Dingle
BR12 'Psalter'

ketchpsalter@gmail.com - 07894 669680

Michael Rogers

Re: Trouper 12 Wanted
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2012, 19:35 »
Hallo Andy

Nothing to offer, I'm afraid, except enthusiasm for the Trouper, and best wishes in your search! I have sailed my just finished Trouoer ('Cavatina') for the first time, and she is all I was hoping for - super-stable but far from dull, responsive, roomy (compared with my Storm Petrel). Mind you, my enthusiasm includes my (junk) rig for her, which is 80 sq ft on a 15 ft CF mast, so quite a tall rig and quite a bit more than either of the off-the-peg rigs (which I believe are 67 and 70 sq ft respectively, though I'm open to correction on that). I will report on my boat elsewhere on the forum, once I can organise some pics. I don't know how many Troupers there are around, but it is an underrated and very pretty little boat, and I do hope your search is successful (you could always build one?!).

Andy Dingle

Re: Trouper 12 Wanted
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2012, 13:54 »

Thanks for the reply Michael and many congrats on finishing your Trouper, the junk rig sounds very interesting and I look forward very much to reading all about it - and seeing the pics on another post, as you say an excellent little boat - nothing similar about that I found?
The possibility of building one did occur to me but am just about to start a house extension.. You can imagine the reaction from 'er indoors .. doesn't bear thinking about. Not to mention the ongoing maintenance and sailing of my other three boats! Some are just going to have to go...

Andy

Ps - lovely name for your Trouper