Author Topic: Baycruiser 23 Discussions  (Read 8477 times)

John Carney

Baycruiser 23 Discussions
« on: 31 Oct 2012, 11:52 »
Hi there!!

Myself and friend Ian Sturland are purchasing a BC23 and would be very pleased to exchange emails with current and prospective owners to-be and indeed partake in group discussion on the Forum.

We are very excited about the prospects of being new owners and since the numbers of new boats will be growing substantially next year I am wondering whether there might be other new owners like us who would like to share ideas.   We would keen to discuss practical issues about the boats as well as the merits of new cruising grounds

I am based in Salisbury and Ian is in Bristol by the way (UK!).

regards John Carney

duchess

Re: Baycruiser 23 Discussions
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2012, 12:38 »
Hello John,
Congratulations on choosing a BC 23. I  am the proud owner of 'Duchess', build No8 from the Swallow Boats Yard. She featured at the Southampton Boat Show in 2011, and have enjoyed fantastic sailing on the Devon coast. We keep her on a fore and aft mooring on the River Teign at Teignmouth during the season, and keep her on the driveway during the winter. She is such a versatile yacht, and we have admiring comments all the time.
She sails beautifully in all conditions from light airs to 25+ knots of wind, so is a very capable craft.

If you have any questions at all please get in touch - my email address is sellyatt@hotmail.co.uk

Kind regards,

Stephen Ellyatt
Stephen Ellyatt
Safe and Sound Marine
www.safeandsoundmarine.com

Rob Johnstone

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2013, 11:54 »
Hi John and Stephen,

I've just seen your posts on the forum. BC23 no 10 (Vagabond) has been mine since April 2012 and last summer she has taken me from Burnham on Crouch, along the South Coast and up the West coast, nearly to Oban with a few interesting moments on the way. You can read my blog of the voyage at http://vagabond-round-britain.blogspot.co.uk/
My email is  rob.johnstone at btinternet.com and I would be greatful if you would copy me in on any discussions that you may have. Vagabond is back to the yard next week for a few improvements. I'll let you have the list after I've agreed it with Matt!
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

David Stockill

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2013, 18:08 »
Greetings

this thread gives me the opportunity to break my duck and join the discussions. Likewise I am awaiting launch date - current estimate August this year -  sail no 19. So at the moment all sorts of ideas are flying around in my mind before I finally agree the final build spec with Matt sometime in the spring.

I'm based at Hoylake at the end of the Wirral Peninsula although I'll be moving the B23 round to Liverpool Marina. Having lost 1 boat from my current drying mooring in the teeth of an Irish Sea gale I dont intend another to go that way....

Current plans include:

- Inboard Engine (although I gather a boat 2 before mine in the queue will be the first - I'll be watching that with interest).

- Forecabin options. I am decidedly a singlehanded sailor so have no intention of using the V-berths. So looking at options to better lay out the forecabin area to my needs - storage/heads etc. (obviously within the constraints of the ballast tanks). Would be interested in what existing owners have done at the sharp end. (or wished they could have done!).

Am very interested in Rob's "improvement list" as his sailing style fits with mine.

My email is Stockill at btinternet.com

Best wishes............David Stockill
David Stockill

BC23  #19   "St Hilda"