Author Topic: News from Gwbert  (Read 7696 times)

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
News from Gwbert
« on: 26 Feb 2013, 11:50 »
I visited SwallowBoats last week to have some mods made to my BRe - things I either can't do myself or that realistically I won't get done before the start of the season. I will create a Library article about these mods when I have time. It was good to see the yard full of mainly new boats, many awaiting collection. They have now built BRe 11 with more on the order book so that is selling well, but there were also BCs and BRs.

The first BC26 is nearing completion and looks very good. Distinctively SB and not your usual 26 footer. But from what Matt said I don't think they will push this model too hard because SB aren't setup for mass manufacturing such a big boat.

Matt mentioned that he is looking to produce the BR17 in GRP. No doubt that could be very popular if the price is right.

Finally, I saw the fabled sailing canoes (Water Craft #91) and a picture of one is attached. This is the smaller 1-2 man canoe and the larger one was not so far advanced.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"

Rob Johnstone

Re: News from Gwbert
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2013, 14:47 »
Hi Jonathan
We must have missed each other by a day or so as I left Vagabond in Matt's tender care last week too! She needs a few tweaks to her rig (nothing major) and the rectification of a couple of minor issues that came to light in the 1000 or so miles that she did last year. Like you, I thought it was pleasing to see the yard and the factory full. Clearly Swallow are doing something right. Don't believe it when Matt says he's not developing any thing new! ;)
Rob J
Matt Newland designed but self built 15ft one off - "Lockdown". Ex BC23 #10 "Vagabond" and BC 23 # 54 "Riff Raff"

Jonathan Stuart

• Administrator
Re: News from Gwbert
« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2013, 16:40 »
Yes, I was admiring your boat when I collected mine on Saturday morning. Very good to see the yard so full.
Jonathan

Ex - BayCruiser 26 #11 "Bagpuss"
Ex - BayRaider Expedition #3 "Mallory"