Author Topic: Syndicating Ownership of Bayraider Expedition  (Read 8743 times)

Richard Mollart

Syndicating Ownership of Bayraider Expedition
« on: 27 Jun 2013, 13:46 »
I am considering the possibility of forming a syndicate (two or more owners) to buy a Bayraider Expedition. I live in Leicestershire and the most realistic cruising option for me is to own a trailer sailer. I have owned a Drascombe Dabber for some years but find its performance limiting and want to move to a better boat. I can't justify the expense of sole ownership and would like to hear from others who would be interested in joint ownership. I would also consider the Bayraider 17 but the option of an overnight stop in a cabin seems preferable. I am quite happy to single hand but of course having a syndicate opens up the possibility of shared sailing as well.

Please contact me if this is of any interest

Richard Mollart

andygordon

Re: Syndicating Ownership of Bayraider Expedition
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2013, 17:54 »
would you consider a baycruiser 23?

Richard Mollart

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2013, 19:08 »
Never say never but it is another leap up in terms of size weight and cost. I have to imagine towing rigging and launching single handed for the next 5 years say by which time I will be 66.

Where is it based?

Richard

Richard Mollart

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2013, 19:12 »
Just realised that you are looking yourself rather than already owning one. Is the Bayraider Expedition too small?

Woodman

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2013, 12:30 »
Not sure where you are,but Nick Peters is the Southern Agent for Swallow now and has a demo Bayraider expedition at Hayling Island. It all depends on the tupe of sailing you want and the accommodation expected.

If you lean towards a shrimper, then I would certainly check out the Cape Cutter. Have a look at Russell's Blog http://yachtzephyr.wordpress.com or http://capecutter19association.org for an idea of what it can do. Having sailed Shrimpers and a cape cutter, the CC it is a much better sailing boat, noticeably faster, takes chop much better, stiffer, outboard in the right place etc.

If the cabin of the Bre is big enough, then give Nick a ring....